Saturday, December 30, 2023

Christmas Card

Glenda Mollet on YouTube showed the assembly of a Christmas card she made this year with how to tips and tricks so I decided to made one:

She used regular white card stock and not card stock made for water colouring so I used the same. First I blended blue and green ink onto the white card stock. Then I used water and splattered that all over the card stock. I let this dry on it's own without using a heat tool. Once it was dried I splattered it with the Dr. Ph. Martin art ink. Again let it dry overnight. The card stock looked like this after the water and paint splatters were added:

With the card stock all wavy from all the water and inks added I die cut the trees out of this:

When I planned making these splatter sheets I decided to use 3 sheets of card stock for this technique -- from the three sheets I die cut 11 trees using the different tree dies. I knew that when I die cut the trees that the die cutting machine would flatten out the card stock while cutting out each tree die. I used liquid glue and put the three layer tree die pieces together. Added the silver garland to each tree using a die from the die set cut from silver mirrored card stock and used liquid glue to put these pieces on the trees. 

For the card base I used light blue card stock scored at the top and a snowy embossing folder from the stash for the white piece on the card front. I die cut a star for the tree top. Put the embossed white card front onto the card stock base using liquid glue. Put foam tape behind the tree for dimension. Decided I wanted a tree trunk so I cut a piece of scrap brown card stock 1x1 put that at the bottom of the tree using liquid glue. Easy card to assemble and each tree looks different with the water and paint splatters. Thanks to Glenda for sharing what she learned making her splatter sheets for her trees!

No comments: