Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Christmas Treat Bags

This year I decided to use the dark green paper gift bags at the Dollar Tree for my Christmas treat bags. I found an ornament printed card stock earlier this year at Hobby Lobby and I used that for my bag fronts:

When I first laid a sheet of the ornament printed card stock on the green bag I felt it was too dark so I went through my printed card stock stash and pulled out the black and white striped card stock and I put that under the ornament print to break up all the dark greens. For the "merry christmas" I used a die set from Waffleflower.com and I cut that out of silver glittered card stock. Since I had 6 treat bags to make I made a template for the "merry christmas". First I laid the die on white card stock and measured where I would want this to be on the bag front. Made a line with a ruler so the greeting would be straight and die cut the die out:

Now I had a template with the die cut out where I would want it on the bag front - from the sides and the bottom of the bag. I used liquid glue and put the ornament printed card stock onto the striped card stock and then used the ATG and put these onto the bag fronts. Set those aside and did all the die cutting for the greeting. Die cut the shadow piece out of vellum and put that behind the white template I made using washi tape. Used liquid glue to put the greeting words into the template onto the vellum for the bag front. Removed the template and my letters were glued onto the vellum. Now I put liquid glue behind the vellum and turned the template over and put the greeting words back into the template - turned this over and placed it onto the bag front and pressed the greeting words with vellum onto the bag fronts. This way the vellum and greeting were on each bag in the same place:

Added different gems from the stash to the bag fronts for some sparkle.  For the top of the bags I used the garland from the Dollar Tree to decorate the bag top. Their garland strand is very thin and sparse so I bought one, folded it in half, twisted it to stay that way and cut it to the size of each bag. Attached it to the bag tops using hot glue:

Inside the bags are candies and little treats. I used a pretzel bag from the candy aisle at the craft store for some treats:

I made Snuggets and other treat holders:

Made square pillow boxes from various card stocks and I used stencils to add colour or a pattern to each box. Used a crimper for a couple of the belly bands around the boxes and decorated the fronts of those. Also used the My-Creative-Time Treat Envelope die for these treat holders:

This is a 2 piece die set and I made all of mine using 6x6 card stock pads. Here is a photo of others I made:

These holders have two pieces - the holder piece and the small piece for the inside top flap:

All the printed card stocks I used for these holders were double sided and some of them I wanted a contrasting top flap liner so I cut those out of other prints. These holders easily can hold a gift card:

The holder on the left has a gift card inside and the holder on the right is holding a Fun Size Hershey chocolate candy bar. I made a holder for a gift to hold cash but altho I liked the candy cane print for the outside of my holder I did not like the back side:

The backside of this print is:

So to cover this up and line the holder with a coordinating print I took the holder die and cut out a printed card stock to be the liner:

Used liquid glue to add the dotted print to the inside of the holder. Once that was in place I folded the holder and used tear and tape to assemble that. Used a holiday sticker from Hobby Lobby from last year:

This is such an easy and quick treat holder/gift card holder/or cash holder to put together and a great use for the 6x6 card stocks. Fun to make all the treat holders for inside the bags to hold holiday chocolates. 


No comments: