Had seen a reverse gatefold card made by Kendra Sand for a Halloween card she made using items from Brass& Bliss. Here is her blog: luv2scrapnmakecards.blogspot.com. On her blog she has all the measurements and a list of the supplies she used. I wanted to make a card for Thanksgiving using an old wooden stamp from my stash and I used her pattern and here is my card:
For my card base I used Canyon card stock from PaperTreyInk. For all the prints on my card I used 6x6 scrap papers and scraps of solid card stocks for flowers, scarecrow, leaves, etc. The base of the card is:
8 1/2 x 5 1/2 With the 8 1/2 long side at the top of the scoreboard I scored it at:
2, 3 1/8, 5 3/8, and 6 1/2. For the larger front side and back flaps I cut my printed card stocks to:
1 3/4 x 5 1/4. The center piece behind the scarecrow on the front of the card and the center solid on the back of the card that I stamped my greeting on is: 2 x 5 1/4. For my side folds I cut my printed card stocks to 1 x 5 1/4 so all of my card stock base has printed card stocks on them. Here is a photo of the back of the card standing:
The scarecrow on the front of the card I recently bought from a new release from PaperTreyInk "Build a Scarecrow". Once he was all die cut I sponged the edges of the pieces to give them a rustic look. Put him together using liquid glue and tear n tape. All printed panel pieces were put on the card base using liquid glue. Put the scarecrow on the center panel. Set this all aside to dry.
For the pumpkins on the sides of the front next to the scarecrow - I had seen these made on a video on YouTube "Quilted Paper Pumpkin Tags" and this was made by "True Joy Home & Studio" and she shows how she made these pumpkins using oval punches from her stash. Another great way to use up printed card stocks so I made two pumpkins for my card front. I sponged all the edges of the ovals as I made the pumpkins. For the green stem I free hand cut a stem piece from green card stock.
I wanted to use more of the sunflowers in the Build a Scarecrow die set so I cut out those from yellow card stock and sponged those. Also used the crow from that die set and cut out the crow. Used a white gel pen for his eye and put the crow on the top of one of the pumpkins. Here is a photo of other pumpkins I made using different size and shaped ovals and circles:
This reverse gatefold card also folds flat for mailing and easily fits in an envelope:
Thanks to Kenra for sharing her idea and pattern and to True Joy for sharing her video on YouTube as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment