This new gable box is a new release from CatherinePooler.com. The title of this box die on her site is "Happy Feels Box Die". It is a one piece die set and it cuts out the front and side of the box using a 6x6 piece of card stock. Here is a photo of the die set on a Halloween 6x6 piece of card stock:
When you cut out this die from your 6x6 card stock piece it leaves very little waste so less card stock scraps to store:
This next box I wanted the top of the box to have different card stock so here is the photo:
and a photo to show the side of this box:
Once the box pieces were die cut I folded it on all scored lines and assembled the box using liquid glue. I used just the top scallop part of this die to cut out a printed card stock for the top of my box:
I cut a piece of printed card stock a little longer and wider than I needed and then taped the die to this printed card stock. Once it was cut out I used the trimmer to trim off the folded scored line the die embosses into the card stock and that left the small strips in the photo above. Used liquid glue and put these pieces on my die cut box piece. With the printed card stocks I used for the boxes being so busy with a Halloween theme I wanted this small scallop piece to be cut out of a not so busy printed card stock.
In this photo:
For this box I used a pumpkin printed card stock. Cut the top scalloped piece out of dotted card stock in a colour that would compliment the printed box paper. I also used black card stock from Mikes (lighter than their #110 weight card stock) and I cut out a black scallop piece using the scalloped part of the die and I trimmed that to fit along the bottom of the box to add black to the box. I put this black scalloped piece on the front and the back of the box using liquid glue.
This box is sturdy and easy to assemble - esp if you just use it as it and do not add the two scalloped pieces as I did. I like to use double sided card stocks for boxes/treat holders when I can so when you open the box the inside is a different holiday print and that helps to dress up the box and look more finished. Happy Catherine Pooler is here in Raleigh as I ordered my order and two days later I was making boxes.... Will add more to the box front to dress it up for Halloween as I get closer to that holiday....
No comments:
Post a Comment