Made Autumn cards and I used all items from the stash to put them together. For the card front I was able to use lots of solid and printed card stocks and I used the Jaded Blossom "Rectangle Strip Card Mat Die" set:
Here is one of the cards I made:
I used a light rust card stock for the card base cut and scored at the top. For the "frame" in the die set that holds all the strips I used kraft card stock. Die cut various autumn printed card stock and fall coloured solid card stocks for the cards. I staggered the printed and solid card stocks so all the cards I made look different. The above card I started with an autumn print at the top. This next card I used a solid card stock for the top:
The word "autumn" is a die from a Karen Burniston die set. I cut that out of gold foil card stock. For the pumpkins I used two older die sets from the stash by Poppy Stamps - the Harvest Pumpkin die set which is the solid pumpkin, and the Swirl Pumpkin die set which lays on top of the solid pumpkin. I sponged the pumpkin pieces to add shading. Used liquid glue to put those together. Used a circle punch and punched out a piece of vellum to put behind the pumpkin/greeting piece:
For the inside of these cards I used scraps of the printed card stock strips and I glued a strip at the bottom of the stamp inside piece to bring the prints into the card:
also
The inside sentiment is an older wooden stamp from the stash and I used rust ink to stamp that. Added gold gems from the stash to the card front for some sparkle. Easy card to assemble and with staggering the strips all the card fronts are different. Another good card front die to use for card stock scraps in the stash..... Happy to be able to get more use out of items in the craft room so I did not have to buy anything to make these cards....
No comments:
Post a Comment