Saturday, October 3, 2026

Harvest Hello Thanksgiving Card

Bought the Harvest Hello stamp and die set from the new Taylored Expressions release. Happy I was able to use some rewards I had on my account to bring the cost down. Here is the card:

First I stamped the stamp on different card stock solid scraps and I used the matching die to cut these out. The die has a square that is on the stamp so when you line up the die for die cutting you know all your pumpkins will cut out the same:


I used a medium brown ink to stamp my pumpkins. Once they were all cut out I used this same ink pad to add the small brown splatters to my pumpkins. I used a thin fan brush to splatter the pumpkins. Die cut all the green stems/swirls and matching leaves in the die set. Here is a photo of the stamp set and the die set:


The stamp set not only has the pumpkins but many different sentiment stamps are included. The pumpkin die set also has dies for the sentiments, leaves, and swirls:


For the card base I used PaperTreyInk kraft card stock cut and scored at the top. Wanted to use a kraft frame for the card front but I wanted to use a rust coloured frame behind the kraft frame to add more colour around the pumpkin piece. I die cut the two frames using the Spellbinders Essential Rectangle die sets. For the card front I used a piece of kraft card stock and cut it larger than I would need for my stamped piece. I used a new to me background stamp I bought last year at a used stamp sale for $3.00:


It is the Canvas background stamp from Impression Obsession and I have many of their background stamps and they all stamp well so I knew this would be a good addition to the stash. For my card front I inked the stamp flat on the craft table and I laid the piece of kraft card stock onto the inked stamp. Using my hand I lightly pressed the card stock into the stamp - light in some areas and heavier in others to give the background a splotchy look as I did not want the background to be too bold behind the pumpkins. I used the Essential Rectangle Frames die set and cut out the stamped kraft card front to fit behind the two frames. Put the card front with frames pieces together using liquid glue and then put this on the card base. 

I cut out all the pumpkins and put the stems/swirls on them and added leaves to each one. For the kraft bows I used a bow die set from Scrapbook.com and added a gem from the stash to the center of those. 


With all the pumpkins on the card front I tucked in extra die cut leaves around the bottoms of the pumpkins to add more green around them. All the pumpkins and leaves were sponged around the edges to add dimension. The "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment is from the Harvest Hello stamp set and I stamped that using brown ink onto scrap cream card stock and I die cut that out using the matching die set. Fun stamp/die set to put together with many different size and shapes of pumpkins in the set. 


No comments: