Saturday, October 3, 2026

Fall Add On Thanksgiving Card

Had bought the Pretty Pink Posh Candy Bucket die set when it first came out. This new release of theirs has a Fall Ad On die set and I bought that to use with the Bucket die set for this Thanksgiving card:

Card stock base is Canyon from PaperTreyInk and I cut and folded that at the top. For the cream background I used the Brass & Bliss coverplate die "Wood Plank Panel Die" that I bought at a stamp show I went to two years ago. I die cut that out of the cream card stock and then gently ran a light brown ink pad over it to add some colour but light enough to bring out the embossed design this coverplate makes when you run it through the machine. I used a darker brown ink and sponged the edges of that for dimension. Used liquid glue and put this piece onto the card base. Set this aside to dry. Here is a better photo to show the inked coverplate background:

Used the Pretty Pink Posh Candy Bucket die set and cut out the bucket/handle/bucket front piece from kraft card stock. Used the new Fall Ad On die set for the scarecrow face and leave pieces. I used scraps for his straw hair, mouth, eyes, cheeks, and nose pieces. Sponged the edges of the triangle nose with orange ink. Put the face on the bucket front piece. Die cut the hat out of plaid card stock from the stash and free hand cut a piece for the band across the hat. Put the hat on the front face piece using liquid glue and added the straw hair. Sponged the edges of the bucket, handle, and bucket front pieces using light brown ink. Put the bucket and handle together. Added the scarecrow face using pop dots for dimension:

I really like the sunflowers from the PaperTreyInk Build A Scarecrow die set so I cut out a few sunflowers to add to his hat and in the bucket. For the leaves I used two leaf dies and cut out four card stock colours and sponged the edges of those. Put them behind the bucket piece using liquid glue and added a couple of the sunflowers to that. Put the bucket on the card front using liquid glue and tear n tape. 

For the sentiment I used the "Give Thanks" stamp from the Taylored Expressions Harvest Hello stamp set. Stamped this onto kraft card stock using brown ink and cut that out using the matching die set:


Again for this card I used the bow die set from Scrapbook.com and cut out a bow using a darker rust card stock and put that onto the bucket handle using liquid glue:


Added a gold gem from the stash to add a little sparkle to the bow. For the inside of this card I looked through the wooden stamps in my stash and found this stamp from Peddlers Pack Stampworks from 1999:


Here is a photo of the stamp:


Stamped it on cream card stock and used a piece of autumn washi tape from PlannerEnvy across the bottom of the stamped piece:


Fun addition to the Pretty Pink Posh bucket die sets. Wanted to use this die set with this stamp since the stamp starts with scarecrows.....  The added washi tape completes the inside of the card as well. 







No comments: