Went to the stamp show earlier this year in Fredericksburg, VA and I picked up this Halloween die set from Brass & Bliss. It is a three piece die set and very easy to assemble. I combined it with another die set from the stash and a free sample pack of holiday card stocks from CraftyStampCo.com:
Used inspiration from the packaging for this die set for my card:
For my card stock base I used black card stock and cut and scored that at the top. Used purple card stock as the mat on the card front to match the purple tree I die cut. Wanted to use the Spellbinders Color Block Accent Rectangles die sets in the stash to add black and white to my card front:

In my last order from the CraftyStampCo.com she enclosed a small pack of sample holiday prints for free. I picked out one of the prints and cut it to size to fit in the rectangle for the card front. I die cut the forest tree using purple card stock. I wanted my tree to have a shadow look but did not want to bring in anymore colour for my card so I die cut a black forest tree and put the purple tree onto the black tree and used liquid glue for that. I offset the purple tree so you can see the black tree behind it as a shadow:

Used liquid glue and put the purple mat piece onto the card front. Put the rectangle frames together also with liquid glue and put that onto the purple mat. Trimmed the "boo" print to the size I wanted and put that on the rectangle. Used liquid glue and out the trees piece onto the printed card front. For the owl I used black for his body and a dark gray for his wings and a golden yellow for eyes, beak, and feet. He is assembled using liquid glue as well. I put him on his branch with glue and he was all set. Wanted to add a little sparkle but not too much so used three small purple gems from the stash. Fun card to assemble and happy to use more of the stash items as well as the free card stock prints from the CraftyStampCo. She has really nice card stock and I was happy to get these free prints!
No comments:
Post a Comment