Sunday, October 4, 2026

Trick or Treat Halloween Card

Used all items from my stash for this holiday card and the background is a new to me background stamp I bought last month at a used stamp sale for $5.00. Here is the card:

The card base is black and it is scored at the top. For the background I used this background stamp:


This background is called "Drybrush" and it reminded me of a splotchy/spooky sky so I wanted to use it for a Halloween card. I cut my white card front larger than what I would need for the card front and I stamped this stamp on it using light gray ink. To cut it to size I used the Spellbinders Essential Rectangles die set and cut that out. Lightly sponged the edges of it using a dauber and black ink. 

For the tree arch piece I used the Simon Says Stamp "Twisted Tree Arch" I had bought when it first came out and I cut that out of black card stock. I put this on the stamped white card front using liquid glue. Again using the liquid glue I put the card front onto the black card stock base and set that aside to dry. Here is a photo of the tree die set:


For the ghost on the card front I used an old Cuttlebug ghost die and cut that out of white card stock that is covered with a holographic sticker sheet and the ghost is now holographic:


The two jack o' lantern pumpkins were punched out using two paper punches:


Put the ghost and the two pumpkins on the card front using tear n tape. The greeting "Trick or Treat" was die cut out of orange glittered card stock. I put the greeting on the card front using liquid glue. I used an unknown bats die set from the stash and I cut out the bats using black mirrored card stock. Here is a photo of the bats die set:


As well as the sentiment die set from Brass & Bliss for the "Trick or Treat" die set:


 I put the bats on the card front using liquid glue and added a few orange gems from the stash to the card front for some sparkle and shine. 

No comments: