October release from Scrapdivadesigns.com has both fall and Christmas die sets included. I ordered her small reindeer bow die set to make Christmas embellishments. This die set is available in a small, medium, and large size but I just ordered the smaller one. Here is a photo of the two sheets of dies in this set:
I wanted to make my reindeer bow to sit on a rosette for the base of my embellishment. I went through my stash of rosette dies and I used the Sizzix/Tim Holtz rosette dies #662691:
I used green polka dot card stock from the stash and cut out two of the scalloped rosette pieces. I put them together using tear n tape and then used hot glue to form the rosette shape. Long ago I made a tool so that when I make rosettes using hot glue I do not have to touch the hot glue using my hands. This tool makes it easy to press the rosette flat into the hot glue:
Once the glue is set I can easily lift off this handle and it is non stick because I cut a circle of the brown craft mat for the bottom of this tool and the hot glue does not stick to it:
I used E6000 to put this craft mat circle onto this tool handle and it has not come off - I made this a few years back and it gets a lot of use when I make rosette embellishments.
Here is my Reindeer Bow Embellishment I made:
This Reindeer Bow die set was designed by Jenn Cascell (she has a channel on YouTube) for Scrapdiva Designs. For my bow I cut a solid piece of white card stock as a base for the reindeer and layering parts. I then cut out a reindeer base using kraft card stock. I used liquid glue and put this onto the white card stock base. I cut two pink ear pieces using scrap pink card stock. Sponged the edges of those and glued them to the ears. For the antlers I wanted those a little darker than the ears so I used recycled thin cardboard to cut out the antlers. Used liquid glue to put the antlers on the kraft reindeer base piece. For the tails of the bow - this die set does not come with layering pieces for those so I partially cut out the base piece using printed card stock from the stash for my bow tails:
In with my rosette die sets I have heavy weight white card stock circles I punched out that fit the sizes of rosettes I make. My rosette is 2 1/4" so I used that size circle and laid it on the tulle and then used scissors to cut around my white circle to make my circle tulle layers for the top of the rosette. I used a small amount of hot glue to the center front of the rosette and put the tulle on my rosette and used my tool to press this tulle into the hot glue. With the tulle on the rosette I used hot glue to add the bow to the front of the reindeer piece and then used hot glue to put the reindeer onto the rosette and let that set up.
I cut a piece of the glittered gold thread a bit bigger than I would need to wrap around the antlers. I used a small circle punch and punched out red glittered card stock circles to put on my gold thread. I used liquid glue to add the red circle over the thread to hold the thread in place. Once that was done I trimmed the thread to the length I wanted and I added a couple more red glittered circles to the antlers. Fun embellishment to put together and a good use for scraps of printed holiday papers. This small reindeer bow measures approx 3" wide by 3 5/8" high so it is a good size. I think the largest die set is over 4x4 1/2 so this can be used on a bag topper, etc.
Thanks to Jenn Cascell for designing this reindeer bow die set and to Christine (shabbypinkhouse) for sharing her idea to add a strand of Christmas lights to the antlers of her reindeer.
No comments:
Post a Comment