Sunday, July 9, 2017

Stamp show in Raleigh


Went to the stamp show in Raleigh yesterday and bought very little. Approx 20 vendors were there -- from the Close To My Heart booth I bought 2 older stamp sets and got a third one free. Also bought a new pouncer tool for distress inks, a clear box to store my daubers in, two stamp sets from Paper Sweeties, sequins from Pink and Main, and two wood mount stamps. Here is the card I made using these two wood mount stamps:


Both the trees stamp and the trick or treaters stamp are from Just For Fun Stamps (www.jffstamps.com). They had a sample card on their display board for these stamps used on the same card using this layout.

For my card I used white/GP card stock for the white card front and sponged various distressed inks on that:


I started at the bottom and added the different inks up to the top. For the moon circle I used a 1 1/2" circle punch and punched out a circle from scrap card stock and used temporary adhesive to hold that in place. Once this piece was covered with ink I removed the scrap circle. With no stamped image on this distressed piece it looks splotchy but once the stamps were stamped on it it was fine.

Since the trees stamp is large I inked that with black ink and laid the distressed piece on top of the stamp. Put a piece of printer paper over this and rubbed over the stamp and card stock to transfer the inked trees stamp image to the distressed piece. Once that was done I carefully removed this piece from the trees stamp.

For the trick or treaters stamp I inked it with black ink and stamped it above the bottom of the trees image so they look like they are walking in the woods. Set this piece aside. Cut and scored a piece of #110 black card stock from Mikes with the scored line at the top of the card. Trimmed a piece of turquoise card stock for my card front. Trimmed my stamped piece to the size I needed for the card front. Using the ATG I put the stamped image onto the turquoise piece. Used craft foam behind this and put that onto the black card stock base.

The greeting "happy halloween" is from Impression Obsession and I used black ink for that. Cut it to the size I wanted for the card front and used a banner punch to make the fishtail end. Used double sided tape to put the banner piece on the card front. Cute and easy card to make for Halloween. Last year I made this card using stamps from Just For Fun stamps for Halloween:


Both cards are non conventional Halloween colours but both are easy cards to put together. They have stamps for all the holidays and occasions but Halloween is a favorite.... TFL

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I remember the cat on the broom from last year and still love it! Love the trick or treaters walking through the scary woods too! Great job of sponging and stamping!

Anonymous said...

Candee--Enjoying the non traditional colors you used for Halloween cards. Just checked the Just For Fun Stamps. Thanks for introducing me to a new company.
Hugs and smiles, Reva