Friday, July 21, 2017

Rummaging.. . .


Sooner or later it will happen and for me it was earlier this week... :0(  

Distressed inks... love the way they look but sometimes getting the sponges off the velcro on the bottom of the 'blending tool' can be a battle.... of which I lost.... Took off the sponge (AKA foam piece) from the velcro applicator and the velcro was not having any of that... so both the sponge and the velcro came off the blending tool as one. . .

All good stampers have a bottle of rubber cement on hand to put older wood mount stamps back on the wood when they fall off so first thought was I would separate the velcro from the sponge and use the rubber cement to put the velcro back onto the blending tool. Did just that, being careful to keep the rubber cement on the blending tool where the velcro should be. Put the velcro back on the blending tool, pressing it down to stick to the rubber cement, and stood it upright overnight letting it set.

Next morning I checked the blending tool and when I lifted it up the velcro was still sitting on the counter where I had put it -- :0(   .....  So what to do?? Off to the garage I went to rummage the coveted workbench of DH that is off limits.... and there it was --  Gorilla Glue ... a small bottle but I only needed a small amount so into the craft room it went...

Got the blending tool and the velcro piece and put the Gorilla Glue on the bottom of the blending tool and then put the velcro on top of that -- once again I stood it upright overnight to set. Next morning I checked it and the velcro is evenly stuck onto the blending tool -- happy me.


So when the staples on my other blending tools come off and the velcro falls off I will be able to re-attach them using the Gorilla Glue -- here is a photo of the glued/repaired blending tool on the right and the other blending tool showing the staple they come with that holds the velcro on:


Put back DH's bottle of Gorilla Glue and I bought a small bottle for the craft room from Hobby Lobby. Here is a photo of what it looks like:


It does not take much of this glue to cover the bottom of the blending tool so I am sure this small bottle will last me quite awhile. Thought I would share what worked for me if anyone else has had had the velcro come off their blending tools.... TFL and thanks to DH for his bottle of Gorilla Glue so I could 'try before you buy'... ;0)  

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for that tip, Candee! I'll be picking up a bottle of clear Gorilla glue next shopping expedition.

Alice said...

Thanks for sharing, a couple of my staples have come undone recently, too.

Candee said...

Hi Ladies -- am happy to share what finally worked because eventually the staples will fall out and I can not see replacing a tool that only needs a minor repair!! Was happy the Gorilla Glue did the trick. Used a coupon at Hobby Lobby when I bought my small bottle so it is not that expensive and certainly cheaper than buying new blending tools! Thanks for your nice comments and your blog visit! Candee P