Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Avery BOO Tags


Recently went to a stamp show in Chantilly, VA and I bought two Halloween stamps from the Rubbernecker Stamps booth. They had used these stamps on shipping tags on their sample board and I wanted to try this out so here are my two sample tags -- they are not decorated or anything but I like the way they turned out:


I had left over shipping tags left over from other projects by Avery.  These tags are manila in colour and they measure 3 1/8" x 6 1/4". Here is what I began with:


For this first tag I used a circle punch and punched out a scrap card stock circle and put this circle onto the tag using removable adhesive. Once that was on the tag I used various distress inks and covered the tag. Used a distressed black ink for the edges:


Once the distressed inks were dry I used the MISTI and stamped the image with VersaMark ink twice and then heat embossed it using black embossing powder:


The above photo shows the shine of the embossing against the dull finish of the distress inked tag. This next tag:


I used different distressed inks to cover the tag and again used the black ink for the tag edges. Once dried I used the MISTI and stamped the image twice using VersaFine black ink. Then covered that with clear embossing powder and heat set that. Once that was done and cooled I covered the whole tag with VersaMark ink and covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set that -- this tag is shiny all over and it gives it a totally different look than the first tag with just the image embossed:


Both tags are cute and will make fun BOO Day bag tags or even a tag on a front of a card. Avery tags are not that expensive and fun to take a shipping tag and make it something SPOOKTACULAR!! Nice stamps from Rubbernecker. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Spooky scenes! Love both of them!