Sunday, July 25, 2021

BOO Day Tags

Wanted to use more of the rosettes I had made for tags for BOO Day so I used this die set from Ellen Hutson for the tag base:

Using #110 weight white card stock from Mikes I cut out the tags using the largest die in the die set. This die set arrived already labeled and on a magnetic sheet in a clear envelope, ready for use. I did not have have to pry the die pieces off of tape or cut the dies apart before I could use them. Even with the heavier weight card stock these dies easily cut out the tags.

I wanted the white tags to have some design so I used a crackle stencil from Plaid/FolkArt and stenciled that onto each tag using Memento Black ink and a blender brush. With the tags stenciled I set those aside and cut out the black squares using a die from Spellbinders. For that black card stock I used the #110 weight black card stock from Mikes. 

For the rosettes I used the Rosettes die set from Sizzix and some holiday prints from the stash. I formed the rosettes and set those aside. I used a 2 1/2" circle punch and punched out circles from printed card stocks to put the rosettes on. Once the circles were punched out I sponged the edges of those using a dauber and black ink. For the center front of the rosette I used a 3/4" circle punch and punched out a black circle from scrap card stock. Stacked my circles and rosettes as I wanted them to look:

Once these were all stacked and ready to go I used the hot glue gun and glued the layers together. Set those aside. With the tag bases stenciled and ready to use I decided to add a print to the center of these tags but I did not want to use a banner die - so I decided to use a strip of printed card stock 1 1/2" wide and die cut the tag again using the same tag die I used for the tags:

With the printed card stock cut out I used liquid glue and put the printed strips onto the tag fronts:

(This photo is the sample tag that I made before I did the stenciling on all the tags I used. I made a sample to see if the size was right)....... Once the printed strips were all die cut and glued onto the tags I set them aside to dry. I put the foam tape on the back of all the black die cut squares and put those on the tag fronts. 

With the rosette pieces all glued I used tear and tape to put those on the fronts of the tags on the black card stock squares.  I used my Bow It All and crinkle seam binding and made triple loop bows for the tag fronts. Used hot glue to put the bows on the tags and added a black crystal to the center of those. Used black and white twine for the tag to be tied on a treat holder. Here is a photo of some of the tags I made:

Earlier this week I had made some embellishments for BOO Day and I had extra die cut ghosts I used for the rosette tags. One ghost is white glittered card stock:

This next tag the ghost is the white mirror card stock that I had bought at AC Moore before they closed:

For the third tag I used the holographic card stock from Park Lane at Joann's for my ghost:

I did not want the back of the tags to be plain so I used various Halloween prints from the stash and cut out tags for the backs. I used liquid glue to add the prints to the tag backs:

Easy tags to put together making them assembly style. To put the ghosts on the front of the rosettes I used tear and tape on the small black circle in the center of the rosettes and pressed the ghost pieces in place. The foam strips behind the black squares and the folding of the card stock for the rosettes give these tags dimension both from the front of the tag as well as from the side. The #110 weight card stock from Mikes makes a strong tag base as well. 

No comments: