Saturday, July 24, 2021

Paper Roses Angel

 My order from SimonSaysStamp arrived yesterday and only two dies in that - one from Picket Fence for BOO Day and the "Little Angel Builder" die from Paper Roses.  Here is a photo of that die set as packaged:

I cut apart the die pieces and took out my scrap boxes to use for the angel pieces. First I made the angel with all the die pieces in this die set:

I used glittered white card stock for the wings and the halo is gold mirror card stock. Rest of the pieces are all scraps. Very easy angel to assemble and the die set cut all the different scrap pieces out with no problems. But.... I wanted to use a butterfly punch for my angel wings so here are the other angels I made using scraps with the butterfly punch for the wings:

For a couple of my angels I used the holographic card stock from Park Lane at Joann's for their wings.. One of the angels has brushed silver card stock wings and the last angel has wings using the glittered white card stock. This angel goes together quickly (no face to draw) and from top to bottom is approx 2 1/4" tall. Here are two photos of these angels:


These will be a good size for a card, a tag, embellishment, etc for the upcoming holiday season. Plus another project to make using up scraps!

I have a few other die sets from the Paper Roses brand and they are very nice dies and I have cut out both heavier card stocks and lighter weight card stocks and they cut nicely. Happy the Angel die set arrived in time for the weekend and craft time!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

A great idea to use the butterfly for the wings, Candee! I like them better than the wings that come with the angel!

Candee said...

I liked the butterfly punch better for wings for this little angel as well. Seems to be more in proportion for her size. Thanks for your blog visit and nice comment Bonnie! Stay safe!