Had seen the video on YouTube from "My Whimsical Day" for her Rustic Pumpkins and I decided to make some for Fall decor. She used smaller blocks from Dollar Tree but the only wooden blocks I had were their towering wooden blocks and those are very small. Ordered larger blocks off Amazon for my decor pumpkins. Had various paints in the stash so I picked out autumn colours and painted the blocks. Once dried I sanded the edges and then used wood glue and hot glue to put them together. Added a round wooden piece at the top like a stem that I painted brown and added moss from the stash to those:
She had a small sunflower stencil and stenciled that onto her pumpkins using black paint. I looked through my stencils and picked out a couple of sunflowers and stenciled those also using black paint. Used twine and old buttons from the stash and made a twine bow and put that and the button on the tops of the pumpkins using hot glue. Here is the front of the pumpkins:
Found two fall stamps from a stamp set and stamped those onto scrap kraft card stock and die cut those using the ticket die set from Franticstamper in black ink:
Fun project to put together using mostly stash items.... Happy she shared her idea and how-to's on her video for her rustic pumpkins. Tied painted wooden beads on twine around the stem of the pumpkins using the same twine I used for the bows. The painted wooden beads were on a decor item from the Dollar Tree and I cut them off of that and used them on my pumpkins. These will work out well for Fall decor and esp since they are free standing.....
No comments:
Post a Comment