Jaded Blossom just released their new August release and it is for Thanksgiving. If you ordered any items from their new release when it first came out you received a free gift. Always nice when you receive free craft items with an order..... I ordered their die set "Gnome Friends Turkey Die Set":
This release also has a fun stamp set with matching dies for cutting those sentiments out:
I like the "talk turkey to me" sentiment as well as the "feast mode activated" and the "whatever floats your gravy boat".... Fun stamp set to use for holiday cards. Here is a photo of the card I made:
For the card base I cut and scored at the top a piece of cream card stock. I also used this card stock to stamp my sentiment on. For the card front I used the card front die set I had picked up at the stamp show in Fredericksburg, VA from Tall Mouse Designs for $10.00. For the printed card stocks I used various 6x6 paper pad collections and cut out the layering pieces. For the base frame piece I cut that out of kraft card stock. Used liquid glue to put the layering pieces on the kraft frame piece. Then I put this onto the cream card stock base again using liquid glue.
For the turkey - the packing only shows all the pieces included in the die set so I went to the home page for Jaded Blossom and went to their blog and found a photo for the two turkeys this die set will cut out:
"Lee-Ann" has a video on YouTube showing how to assemble these turkeys. I printed out this photo and I will keep it with the die set so I will be able to make either turkey with a photo to go by. For my turkey I used various scraps of printed card stocks for the feathers/hat/scarf for my turkey. Die cut it all out and assembled her using liquid glue. For my card I used new washi tape I just ordered from PlannerEnvy.com and I put a piece of that washi tape across the bottom of my card behind the turkey:
As with all washi I added liquid glue to the backside of it to be sure it will not pop off the card. For the sentiment I stamped that with the Misti using a light rust ink onto a scrap of the cream card stock. Die cut that out using the matching die. Put that onto the card front in the upper left corner. The turkey is on the card front using pop dots. Added a gem to her scarf and on the card front using gems from the stash.
Here is a photo of the free stencil they included in my order:
This pieced card front die set from Tall Mouse Designs I have used on another card:
Same die set but the above card I used the layout of the card front upside down so both cards look totally different. Fun card front to use showing off printed card stocks.... Fun turkey die set for the holiday ahead and another good use for printed scrap card stocks.
No comments:
Post a Comment