Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ghost Treat Boxes


Made some Boo Day treat holders/boxes. Used the Scallop Bag die from Sizzix to cut out the bag. Both the orange and black card stock are from Stampin Up. For the ghosts I used white glitter paper from Hobby Lobby and I used the Stampin Up 2 Step Owl punch. Once the owls were punched out I cut off their feet (ouch) and turned them upside down for the ghost. Used glue dots behind their black eyes. For the orange bag I embossed the front panel with the Paper Studio Spider Webs embossing folder from Hobby Lobby. I then used a die to cut out the spider from black flocked card stock and put him on the front panel with a pop dot. I used candy corn ribbon to tie the bag closed. For the black bag I used the Boo to You embossing folder by Cuttlebug and embossed the front panel. (Being black it is hard to capture that embossing). I used a white Signo pen for the white dots on the scallops. I used Halloween ribbon to tie it closed. See other photos for close ups and the backs:




As you can see on the back of the ghosts I used a piece of plain white card stock. I used thin sticks to hold the ghosts together. The thin sticks are from Michaels and they are called "Woodsies" and come in a pack of 75. Once I cut out the bag and assembled that I used a square hole punch and punched off the top of the bag on the score line for the opening for the stick. The ghosts are shorter than the turkey I had made using this so I had to use an Exacto knife and trim a little piece off the end of the stick so the ghost would cover the stick. Having candies/treats in the bag will keep your stick straight. Once that hole was made I used a small circle punch and made a hole on either side of the stick for the ribbon. I left the tails of the ribbon long so the recipient can open and re-tie the ribbon easily. As you can see on the back of the orange bag I lifted up the ghost so you can easily see the stick that he is adhered to. TFL

No comments: