Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Wishes Card


Had seen a card on Splitcoast by Melissa Banbury and decided to make one myself. I used Stampin Up Real Red card stock for the card and then Very Vanilla for the front piece. The flower/leaves stamp is from the Stampin Up stamp set Thoughts and Prayers.  I used a Mellow Moss and a Real Red marker to colour the stamp and then stamped it on the Very Vanilla piece. I used the "happy Birthday wishes" stamp from Stampin Up Petite Pairs and SU Real Red ink for that. For the lower part of the Very Vanilla piece I used one of the border embossing folders from the Stampin Up Adorning Accents set. For this card I used the hearts border. I used red ribbon from my stash. I then used the Stampin Up Trio Flower punch and punched three flowers from Real Red card stock. I put the three flowers on the card front with glue dots and then added a red crystal on each flower. For the inside of the card:


When I make a card I score and cut the card base and then cut all pieces for that card. Once I had stamped the flower/leaves stamp on the front Very Vanilla piece I then stamped the inside piece. I did not re-ink the stamp -- just stamped these two pieces right after the other. The inside is lighter but it is inked enough to be seen and brings the outside of card to the inside. TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Love this! Gotta look for that SU emb. Not sure if I have this, but if NOT, I WILL! Beautiful card. TFS