Monday, June 8, 2020

BOO Day Bag Toppers


Made two of the treat bag toppers for BOO Day using the Sizzix Treat Bag Topper die by Lori Whitlock that I had in the stash:


With all the die cutting I have been doing lately I had plenty to choose from for these bag toppers:


This first bag topper uses SU Pumpkin Pie card stock and various dies to decorate the front of the bag topper. Here is a photo of that bag topper:


For the ghosts I used white foil card stock from AC Moore to cut those out. The fence piece I had cut to a smaller size than the die cut piece and covered it with clear Wink of Stella to add some shine to that. The pumpkin is button that I cut the shank off and put that on the front of the fence. The small spider web is plastic and it is from a bag of holiday confetti I had bought last fall. Used holographic card stock for the stars. Glittered black tulle is from Hobby Lobby.

This next topper:


Card stock is again SU and the multi glittered tulle is also from Hobby Lobby. The black glittered bat was punched out using a M Stewart bat punch. The ghost is an older Sizzix die and I die cut that out of glittered white card stock. Added a spider web bow tie to him with a crystal from the stash. Again used the holographic card stock for the handle to the bag as well as the stars. Here is a photo to show his spider web bow tie:


I used foam tape to pop him up on the topper for dimension. This bag topper die cuts the thicker card stocks and glittered/foiled card stocks easily so you have a nice cut. For my pleated tulle I used tear and tape and hand pleated the tulle and trimmed off the edges even with the bag topper piece. Then to finish it off I put tear and tape over the pleated tulle and put a thinner ribbon on that so when the bag topper is open and you can see the backside it looks finished. TFL

2 comments:

Brenda said...

These are super cute Candee! I love the way you put the tule on them too, makes them so flirty looking. lol Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

What fun toppers! Love the glittered tulle!