Friday, June 5, 2020

Snowflake Shimmer and Shine Treat Holder


Before AC Moore closed it's doors I shopped a nearby store where I found silver holographic card stock on closeout. I bought a few sheets knowing I wanted to use this card stock for holiday snowflakes. Brought the card stock home and put it away for later projects . . .

Early last week I shopped at Hobby Lobby and they had all their Paper Studio card stocks on sale and I picked up four sheets of this special card stock. It is a 12x12 sheet of white card stock that looks like it has silver polka dots but when you move the card stock you can see it is holographic. I remembered the ACM card stock for the snowflakes so I decided I would make up some treat bags using these specialty card stocks for Christmas. Here is a photo of the treat bag I made:


Hard to photograph this specialty paper to just show the silver dots so I turned off the lights and took the above photo. Here is a photo of the shimmer and shine the snowflake has:


For the bag I used the Favor Bag die from Mama Elephant and this is a very easy bag to put together:


For the snowflake I used a Spellbinders snowflake die and I cut that out of the holographic card stock. I wanted this snowflake to have some weight so I took a scrap piece of white'GP card stock and covered it with Stick It sheet and die cut out another snowflake. I peeled off the sticky backing and put the white card stock snowflake behind the silver snowflake. Here is a photo to show the backside of the snowflake:


I used silver/white twine from Hobby Lobby to tie the snowflake onto the front of the bag. Here is another photo to show the shimmer of the holographic card stock:


Using this bag die I can get three bag pieces from one 12x12 piece of card stock. Using two pieces of this card stock will give me 3 treat bags. LawnFawn also has a bag die similar to this die set but their bag is much smaller. I have used this MamaElephant die set for other treat holders and it a good size but not too big - holds a small gift or chocolate treats, etc.. Simple but sparkly for a holiday treat!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Very elegant, Candee! Great job of photographing all that shine! Hope you have a restful weekend!

Brenda said...

This bag is beautiful as are the holograph papers you used Candee! I can see this being used as treat bag on the plates of an elegant Christmas dinner! Hugs, Brenda