Sunday, June 7, 2020

Christmas Rosettes


Working on different holiday things and wanted to make up some of the rosette embellishments for Christmas projects. Used the Sizzix rosette thinlit die set and holiday prints from my stash:


Die cut the rosettes and assembled those. For the foil snowflake under the rosettes I used foiled card stocks and a large snowflake die from the stash.  Some foil card stocks are lighter weight than others so for all my foil rosettes I had also cut out a snowflake using white/GP card stock to adhere to the foil snowflake to give the snowflakes more weight. I used an Avery glue stick to cover the white card stock snowflake and then put the foiled snowflake on top. Set these aside to dry.

Used a 5/8" circle punch and punched out a foil circle for the center of the rosettes and added a white pearl from the stash to the center of that. Used E6000 to put the circle on the center of the rosette. To adhere the rosette to the foil snowflake I used E6000 glue and a dot of hot glue to be sure they would adhere. Here is a photo of some of the completed rosettes:



At holiday time it will be helpful to have my embellishment pieces completed in advance so will keep these in a box until they are needed. Also want to start working on holiday tags . . .

This next photo is for Ann D to show the two striped card stocks are diagonal prints:


4 comments:

Ann D said...

These are adorable! Thank you for sharing. I'm trying to imagine what the foil stripe paper looked like when it was flat; if you have a piece, can you share a quick photo of it? I'm wondering if its design was straight stripes or already swirled.

Candee said...

Hi Ann -- both of the striped card stocks are diagonal prints. Thanks for your kind comment and for your blog visit! Candee P

Bonnie said...

Wow! I love how the diagonal stripes work into the rosettes so perfectly to look like peppermint candy!

Brenda said...

These are beautiful Candee! I love the striped paper ones, the diagonal stripes make them look like they twist right around. So pretty! You are smart to get a jump start on your embellishments. Hugs, Brenda