Sunday, June 28, 2020

Candy Corn Tags


Made some tags up for Halloween using #110 weight white card stock from Mikes. Used a tag die from my stash and cut out my tags. With that finished I used yellow and orange ink and covered the lower part of the tags:


I used two small circle punches and made card stock rings to put around the tag holes to make them stronger. All ribbons and twine at the tag tops are from my stash. Some of the tags I added washi tape to and one tag I used a stencil for:


The tag on the left I used white glittered card stock and cut out a Sizzix ghost die. The "BOO" was die cut using black glittered card stock. For the greeting Trick or Treat I cut that out using a washi punch. Used a small star punch to punch out stars from scraps I had. The candy corn washi tape is from the stash. Behind the ghost is a small piece of cheesecloth. 

The tag on the right also uses the candy corn washi tape and cheesecloth and I added pumpkin washi tape from the stash. The ghost was die cut out using a ghost die from SimonSaysStamp. Added more of the punched stars to this tag.

Here are two more tags:


For the tag on the left I used a Tim Holtz Halloween word stencil for my background. I sponged the edges of the tag using a dauber and black ink. I added a tulle spiderweb that I cut out of spiderweb tulle from the Dollar Tree from last fall. I used a bug punch and punched out a bug using black glittered card stock. I put foam tape behind him to add dimension. The ghosts are a small Sizzix die and I used white glittered card stock and cut out the two ghosts and put foam tape behind them as well. Here is a closer photo of that tag:


Added sequins using Glossy Accents.  The last tag:


I used pumpkin washi from the stash across the upper part of the tag. Used a small plastic spiderweb confetti from a Halloween confetti bag from the stash. For the "Trick or Treat" I die cut those from glittered card stock scraps and used TomBow glue to add them to the tag. The black glittered card stock fence is an older yellow steel ruled Sizzix die from the stash. For the gnome I used the smaller gnome die from SimonSaysStamp and a 6x6 paper pad for his hat and robe. 

I wanted to put a pumpkin in front of the fence but my pumpkin dies and punches were too large. So I used a small oval punch and punched out three ovals for the pumpkin. I sponged the edges and used TomBow glue to put them together. I used scissors to cut out the stem and sponged that as well. Used clear glue to add the stem to the pumpkin.

For the fence piece I used tear and tape to keep that flat on the tag and the gnome has foam tape behind him and the pumpkin is on the fence also using the tear and tape. The foam tape gives the gnome some dimension.  Had mini stars in the Halloween scrap bag I have so I took those out and covered them with clear Wink of Stella and put them randomly on the tag front using Glossy Accents. More tags I am working on but for now these are completed.


3 comments:

Brenda said...

Your tags are supper cute Candee, I love how you made them look like candy corn. Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

Fun tags, Candee! You'll be all ready for the holidays! They'll be here all to quickly!

Anonymous said...

Candee you are having so much fun making rosettes and tags and I am thoroughly enjoying seeing your efforts. Always enjoy receiving your newsletters.
Hugs and smiles, Reva