Sunday, August 22, 2021

Fall Quilted Leaf Cards

 Received a few items from online purchases recently. I combined the Divinity Designs Quilted Leaf die set with the Burlap Background die from HoneyBee Stamps for two cards.  Here is a photo that includes the Quilted Leaf die set:

And in this photo is the Burlap Background die:


For my two cards I wanted to make a rustic looking card as well as another card using gold - here is the rustic card:

For this card I used kraft card stock for the base scored at the top. I used cream card stock for the card front and using a Maple Leaf Memory Box stencil I stenciled that onto the cream piece using matching ink:

Set that aside. I cut and scored the other kraft card stock base and also set that aside.  Using the Burlap Background die I die cut two pieces of that for the card fronts using kraft card stock. Using Rectangle dies from the Ellen Hutson Essentials line I die cut frames for the card fronts. To die cut the frames I used a larger die and then used a die two sizes down to cut out the frames. One frame I die cut from cream card stock and the other is from kraft card stock.

Using tear and tape behind the frame pieces I placed the frames over the burlap die cut pieces. Once they were in place I used scissors to trim away the excess burlap die pieces. Behind the frame with burlap pieces I cut a piece of cream card stock to be the back of these framed pieces. I used tear and tape to put the backing pieces on these.

The die set for the leaf is a set of two dies - one is the solid base for the leaf and the second die is the leaf piece with all the pieces in it. Once you cut out these two pieces you will have the base and front pieces and all the smaller die cut pieces:

I used all scraps and I die cut the quilted leaf out of different fall coloured card stocks. Put all the pieces onto a piece of copy paper on the work table and then I decided what coloured card stock I would want for my leaf outline piece. The card above I used kraft card stock for the leaf outline piece so I die cut a kraft card stock solid leaf and used liquid glue to put the quilted outline leaf piece onto the solid base. Laid out all the coloured quilted pieces so I could decide what colour to put where. Once that was decided I put all the quilted card stock pieces in the quilted outline frame using liquid glue. 

Used foam tape and put the kraft/burlap frame on the stenciled card front. Used large glue dots and put the quilted leaf on the frame front. Added a small greeting using a very old stamp from the stash:

Stamped this onto cream card stock using a kraft coloured ink and used a 7/8" circle punch and punched that out. Using a 1" circle punch I punched out a circle using kraft card stock. Using glue dots I put the greeting circle onto the kraft card stock circle. Using large glue dots I put the greeting in the center of the leaf piece.

Wanted to make a quilted leaf that would have some sparkle and shine.... so I used gold foil poster board sheets from the Dollar Tree and die cut out the quilted leaf die - here is the card I used that on:

I used kraft card stock for the base and again used liquid glue to put the gold foil leaf piece on that. Used more of the die cut pieces I had die cut and put the leaf together. For the greeting again I used the kraft ink for that and the same circle punches. For the circle behind the greeting I used the gold foil card stock for that:


With using the gold foil card stock for this leaf I wanted the card front to be more simple so here is the front of that card:


Here is a photo of the two cards together:


Will say the quilted leaf die cut out all my coloured card stocks - light and heavier weight - with no problems. Very easy quilted project to put together and another great use for scraps so that is a win win in this craft room . . . Happy to get to use two of my new craft room additions for these cards. 


No comments: