Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Hey Cupcake! Halloween Embellishments

 Had seen these Halloween Embellishments made by Petra Smieszkol on her YouTube channel. Although I have the auto translate on YouTube I still had to figure things out and so I did - - -  Here are three of the Halloween Embellishments I made inspired by Petra's idea:

I did recognize the die she used for her witch legs and shoes so I decided to dig through my Halloween dies and find it -- here it is:

This is the "Mix and Match Witches Legs" die set from FranticStamper.com. For the base of her embellishment she used a postage stamp edge die and I also have a set like that in the stash and mine is the "Postage Dies" by Pink & Main:

I used the second largest die in the set for my embellishment base. For the witch's skirt I used three different Halloween cupcake liners - when you cut apart the cupcake liner you cut it into four pieces so this is a very economical project as your cupcake liners will go a long way. For my witch shoes I cut them all out of foil (mirror) black card stock:


For the buckles on the above photo I used silver foil (mirror) card stock. Used liquid glue to add them to the shoes. This next photo I used silver card stock for the lace holes on her shoes:


and for the buckles on these shoes I used holographic card stock for extra shine:

The assembly for my version of Petra's embellishments is:

Die cut the black embellishment base using the postage die and #110 weight card stock in black. Used a ruler to measure and used the trimmer to cut my printed card stock background pieces. Using liquid glue I put all the prints onto the black postage die cut pieces. Set those aside to dry.

Using scraps I die cut the witch legs. Using foil (mirror) card stock I die cut the shoes. Again using scraps I die cut the buckles for the shoes. I assembled the legs and the shoes and set those aside. Using scissors I cut the cupcake liners into four pieces, cutting away the center of the cupcake liner first. I used tear and tape to layer my cupcake liner pieces for her skirt. Used the Bow It All and made the black and white ribbon bow for the top of her skirt. 

Used tear and tape and glue dots to put the legs/shoes onto the black embellishment base. Used tear and tape to put the skirt over the legs. Used hot glue to add the bow to the top of the skirt and added a crystal from the stash to the center of the bow. Used various sequins from the stash and put them on the embellishment base using Glossy Accents. 

Easy embellishments to put together and a fun way to use cupcake liners. I have used them in the past for layered rosettes but that is all. This is a cute embellishment for the BOO Day projects already in progress in this craft room. A big thanks to Petra for sharing her fun idea! Here are more embellishments using this idea but with a belt on the skirt and gems:

For the belt I used a 1 3/4" circle punch and punched out a black circle. I used a 2 1/4" circle and punched out a circle out over the smaller circle in the black card stock and this gave me a circle frame piece. I used tear and tape and put this onto the cupcake liner skirt top and used scissors to trim that to the size I needed. For the crystal/gem I used glue dots and hot glue to add that to the skirt belt. For the shoes I added gems to those and for the purple socks I had them showing above the shoes:


Clear crystals on these shoes:


and orange crystals on this pair using hot glue:

As with the other embellishments I added sequins using the Glossy Accents for extra sparkle and shine. Fun embellishments to put together and a fun use for the cupcake liners other than using them for rosette embellishments. 

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these shoes with the different hose and pleated skirts! Fun, fun, fun, Candee!

Anonymous said...

Dear Candee, I hope and I know those who receive your Boo creations and Holiday creations are fortunate. Thru the years that I have followed your blog you are overly creative and you always share ideas. You are a whirlwind. Thank you for all your creativity and inspiration. Hugs and smiles, Reva