Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Square Pillow BOO Box

 Used a square pillow box die set from Sizzix for my Halloween treat holders:


For these pillow boxes I wanted to use up more of my holiday 6x6 card stocks. A couple of these holders I used one print for the front of the box and another print for the back:

To make the pillow boxes I die cut out all the front and back pieces for the boxes. Stamped my image on white card stock using black ink. Die cut those all out using a circle die. For the lacey scallop pieces behind the stamped house image I used a die set I recently bought on Amazon. For the solid scallop pieces I used a scallop die from my stash to cut those out.  Stamped a greeting stamp onto white card stock using the black ink. Used a banner die set to cut out the greetings and used a banner punch for the ends of the greeting banner. For each banner I die cut out a solid piece of card stock to put behind the greeting banner piece and I used the banner punch on those as well. 

Put the circle pieces together and put the solid and stamped greeting banner pieces together. Used tear and tape and assembled all the pillow boxes. Since the pillow box has a curved shaped I ran the stamped circle stack over the bone folder to give this piece a little curve to it so it was easier to put that on the pillow box front using tear and tape. Used that tape to also add the greeting to the stacked circles piece. Ready to fill with chocolates for BOO Day.  This is a good size pillow box so it will hold lots of treats.Easy treat holder to put together! Here are more photos:



No comments: