Saturday, August 28, 2021

Today was like a penny candy day . . .

Good day, sad day.  Left home in the dark this morning to drive the 3 hours to Matthews, NC to the Paper Crafters Muse store that was owned by Daphne P..  I had taken card classes from her in the past and when she moved to Matthews for her job and to open her store I was happy to make the drive a few times a year just to shop her store.  Her store always had the newest products and she had card/journal/mixed media items all over the store for inspiration. Throughout the year she held special sales and all in all it was a nice store to shop. Sadly Daphne passed away this Spring and unfortunately the family decided to close the store.

In their email telling us shoppers this sad news and when the store closing sale would begin they also decided to hold one last Customer Yard Sales before they closed the doors. Daphne held this sale once a year at her store and her customers could sell all their unwanted or no longer needed craft room supplies and it was an all day event. She provided the store front in her plaza for this sale and at her store for that day she would also have lots of special sales going on. I enjoyed those sales and never came home empty handed....

The day they began the store closing sale was the middle of the week and I had to work so I was not able to go but figured I would go to this last Customer Yard Sale so I could say good bye to the gals at the store.... Arrived at 7:10AM and when I got there the sellers were setting up so I waited until 7:30AM with other shoppers before we began to shop.... I was looking for two things to buy and bring home to add to my craft room --- all I wanted was two packs of SU Gorgeous Grape card stock - still sealed - but no one was selling SU solid card stocks.... Not to worry tho because I found these:

The wooden Christmas stamps were $1 ea- this gal had at least 5 huge boxes on the ground full of wood mounted stamps-all the ones I bought were unused. She had a smaller box of BOO Day stamps but I was strong and did not even look at those because being a favorite holiday of mine the WHOLE box would have probably come home with me-haha.  Catherine Pooler ink pads, still sealed, were also $1 ea as was a the longer acrylic block. 

The two die sets from T. Holtz were $2 each and the die in the back is the Big Snowflake die from SU and that was also $2. That will cut thicker card stocks, glittered card stocks, glittered felt and such so I am sure that will get used for Christmas projects this year. 

One gal had a misc bin at her table and she said I could buy all the bead pkgs she had for a grand total of $1 so they made the ride home with me:


Another lady had a large plastic bin of Technique Junkie stamps and I picked up these two background stamps for $2 each:


They had two tables set up with all products that were left from the store closing sale and all these items are brand new, in the packaging, and $1 each -- so these came home with me:




The last items I brought home are:

FSJ stamp set for $2 and the Scrapbook Adhesives were $1 each package and I picked up three of them. So lots of new and fun items to add to the Craftroom Warehouse as DH calls it.... We stopped and picked up subs for lunch on our way home and happy me we were home before 1PM! That has to be a first for me!

SOOO many great things these crafting sellers had -- Cuttlebugs, SU Big Shot machines, SU trimmer, Cricut with programs, Silhouette, Cameo, storage, storage, storage items, ribbons, eyelets, scrapbooks, kits, Paper Pumpkin kits, ink pads, Close to My Heart stamp sets and dies, SU stamp sets and dies, Gemini machine, laminators, decorative card stocks, re-inkers, mixed media items, dies from Sizzix/Spellbinders/etc.. One woman used to teach card classes featuring SU stamp sets and she had a full bin of brand new stamp sets in their cases that were left overs from classes she taught and she was selling them all for $1 each! But I did not bring any SU stamp sets/inks/or dies home on this trip.... guessing I found too many other things to bring home.... Did not find my Gorgeous Grape card stock but certainly did find enuf other products to add to the craft room!!

The Paper Crafters Muse store was totally empty with all products/fixtures/samples all sold and I did not want to go into the store to see it that way - I want to remember it with Daphne there and remember all the great products I found out about while shopping her store. Thanks always to Daphne for all her continual inspiration for us crafters and for making our hobby fun.... She is missed already!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

A fun morning, Candee! What a lot of great buys!