Sunday, August 1, 2021

Tomb Sweet Tomb Treat Holder

 Wanted to make a treat holder using the Headstone die from Tim Holtz:

Looking at the photo on the packaging for this die you can see the headstone is leaning to the one side like it is very old and settling into the ground. I wanted to add a box insert to my pieces so I had to die cut two pieces - front and back - for my treat holder:

So that my headstones would be straight and level I used a ruler and a pencil to make a straight edge at the bottom - cut across this line using scissors:

Using the #110 weight gray card stock from Mikes for my holder I also cut a smaller piece to make the box insert to put between the front and back headstone pieces for my treat holder. Here is the front of my treat holder:


Once my two headstone pieces were die cut I used this background stamp from Technique Junkies and gray ink to stamp on my headstone pieces:


Once they were stamped I used black ink and sponged the edges of the pieces. For the pumpkins/branch/leaves pieces on the treat holder I used a Fall wreath icon die set from Frantic Stamper. I had used this die set last year for a Thanksgiving card I made:


Using scrap card stocks I die cut the pumpkins/leaves and wreath base piece. But I cut the wreath base piece apart so I could put this on both sides of my front headstone piece. I sponged brown ink onto the wreath piece to add a darker brown to it and then cut it apart. I put it on the headstone piece using liquid glue. For the grass piece I used a grassy edge punch by M Stewart and scrap green card stock. Once that was punched out I cut it to size and sponged green ink on it. Put it on the bottom of the die cut piece using tear and tape at the bottom only so I could tuck in a ghost and a pumpkin behind the grassy piece. For the leaves I cut them out of scraps and sponged them with various inks to add more dimension to them. Here is a better photo of the layers at the bottom of the die cut piece:


I added mini stars and glittered black card stock bats to the front of the headstone using liquid glue. For the skull and crossbones piece I used a Halloween Icon die set recently on sale at Frantic Stamper:


I stamped "tomb sweet tomb" from a Jaded Blossoms stamp set using black ink. I used tear and tape on the box insert of the treat holder and put the back headstone and front headstone pieces onto that. Easy treat holder to assemble once all die cutting was complete. Here is a photo to show the box insert that will hold the holiday treats:




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love the tombs, Candee! You do the best boo day things!