Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Pumpkin Pops

 Taylored Expressions has their new Halloween release available and I ordered two items. One die set is a their Pumpkin Treat Wrap holder for a Tootsie Pop (or lollipop) as well as their Itty Bitty Tags Halloween die set. Here is a photo of the Pumpkin Treat Wraps I made:

For my holders I used pumpkin coloured card stocks. I cut out the holders and I used three different background stamps to stamp on the holders to give them some dimension. Each holder has a different pattern on it. This die set embosses lines on the front and back pieces of the pumpkins so putting the overlay die onto the pumpkin is easy:

After I die cut the holders out I stamped them with matching inks using the different background stamps. Set these aside to dry and I cut out the overlay pieces - two of the pumpkins I used glittered card stocks for this and one of the pumpkin I used the same card stock I used for the holder and then I sponged that with ink. I put the overlay pieces on the pumpkin base using liquid glue. I put both the overlay pieces and stems on both the front and back of my pumpkin holder. Here is a photo of one of the backs:

Probably could have left the overlay and stem pieces off the back but I think it finishes it off and if you were to use these in a table setting it looks better finished. I used a sprig punch and a border leaf punch from the stash for the leaves on the front. (For photo purposes I put Tootsie Pops in the holders but with DH in the house I am sure these will be long gone sooner than later.... )

I have some small holiday greeting stamps from Morningstarstamps.com that I wanted to use on these holders so when I saw the new TE mini tag set I decided the dies would work out well for the greetings:



I used twine from the stash to close the holders. Added stash sequins to the holders and tags using Glossy Accents. Easy holder to put together and it is free standing so they would even work as a table marker on the Thanksgiving table. Also if you ordered from Taylored Expressions in the past be sure to check your "rewards/points" balance when you order - on this order I used what I had saved in my rewards/points and I saved $16.00 on this order so be sure to check if you should have a balance you can use. 


No comments: