Had seen these Dollar Tree wooden signs altered on YouTube for Fall and Halloween so I decided to make my own. I bought 4 different colours of these "signs" for my altered projects. This is a photo to show what these look like from the store:
Each of these signs have a different saying on them and the words are covered in glitter. I brought mine home and using a piece of sand paper I sanded off the glitter on the fronts of the signs. On the backs of these are a large scan label so I peeled those off and used Goo Gone to get any residue from that sticker off the backs. Pulled off the rafia bows that were on the stems and threw those away.
I picked out card stocks from my stash that I wanted to cover the fronts of these with. I turned the card stock over - printed side down - and laid the wooden pumpkin on the back of the card stock. Used a pencil to trace around the pumpkin and used scissors to cut that out. Covered the fronts of the signs with ModPodge and put the card stock prints on each sign. Once dried I lightly sanded the edges of these and sponged a brown ink on all the edges of the printed sides. With that done I again used ModPodge to cover the card stock front. Set that aside to dry. Here is a photo to show the sanded and then sponged edges and all the pumpkins covered in the card stock prints:
Wanted to decorate the fronts of these wooden pumpkins but I did not want them to match. Here is a photo of two of these pumpkins:
The one on the left has a felt Scarecrow embellishment I bought last year at HobbyLobby. Bow was made with ribbon in the stash. The one on the right I used the new Pumpkin Border die I just bought and die cut the pumpkins w leaves out. Used scissors to cut it down to the size I wanted for the front of the pumpkin. Used the 'popcorn tulle' from the Dollar Tree for my embellishment with the flower at the top. For both of these I added gems from the stash to add some sparkle. Here are the other two pumpkins I made:
These two pumpkins I used double sided card stocks from the stash. Made a rosette for the one on the left and added a button to the center of that using the glue gun. I cut the shank off the back of the button to have it be flat. For the pumpkin on the right I used wired ribbon from the Dollar Tree and cut off the wired edges for my embellishment with the flower. Here are photos to show the colours these are from the back:
Easy items to alter and another good use for stashed card stocks... and now onto another shopping item... My recent order from My-Creative-Time.com arrived this week and I bought two die sets:
The above photo is their Pocket Pillow die that I had seen a few projects made with and it will be cute for a treat holder for the holiday season ahead.... and of course HAD to add this die set for BOO Day:
This "Oct 31st" die set die cuts the front piece and the shadow piece. I rummaged through my scraps and glittered/foiled card stocks to make these:
Lots of detail on this die -- cute spider and bat and the 'drips' off the letters.... then DH is working on house projects - I ordered something he needed for a project off Amazon but it was just under the price I needed for Prime shipping... so I quickly looked and ordered this die for Halloween to bring my total up to free Prime shipping for my order. Here is the die:
Cute die with the haunted house, spider and webs, Oct 31, pumpkin and bat.. but I did not pay close attention when I put it in the cart.... as you know all die cut pieces have a right and a wrong side... this die cut piece is showing the right side of the die cut piece:
As you can see the "31" is backwards on the die so needless to say this will be returned to Amazon since it is unusable. So lesson learned... next time I will just order more TomBow glue to bring my total up for my order!