Friday, August 5, 2022

Fall Pumpkins

 Used my new sale die set from my last Spellbinders order to make some Fall Pumpkins:

This is a three piece die set from Spellbinders -- the pumpkin, the stem with vine piece, and the face die to make a Jack O Lantern pumpkin.  Here are the pumpkins I made:

The larger pumpkins in the photo were made with the pumpkin die set and these dies also emboss the card stock when cutting them out for more detail. I cut out all the pumpkins and sponged the edges of them for dimension and put the stem/vine piece on the pumpkins using a liquid glue. For the face pieces I used scrap black card stock and glued those pieces onto some of the pumpkins for Halloween. For the three smaller pumpkins in the photo I used two punches:


The solid pumpkin is a punch from M Stewart. The small pumpkin face punch is from EK Success. First I punched out a solid black pumpkin and then punched the face out of pumpkin coloured card stock. Using the solid pumpkin punch I punched over the punched face piece and that gave me the pumpkin shape. Used liquid glue to put the pumpkin face piece onto the solid black pumpkin piece. Used a brown marker to colour the pumpkin stem. I also sponged the edges of these smaller pumpkins for dimension. Will be making more of these for upcoming BOO Day and Fall projects. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cards are wonderful, but I’m intrigued by your stamp storage!!!! What kind of baking equipment was that in its first life? What a great idea!

Candee said...

I used an old baker's rack I picked up at a barn sale years ago to store the wood mounted stamps. Each tray held a category of stamps so that they were all organized and easy to find. Thanks for your kind comment and blog visit! Candee P