Monday, August 8, 2022

Holders for Ghirardelli Candies

Have wanted to make the Matchbook Ghirardelli candy treat holders for Christmas using the pattern with the inside pocket for this year and so today I made some:

Usually make the Matchbook treat holders for Christmas and I would use a solid card stock base so that out of a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock I will get 4 holders. But this year I wanted to use printed card stocks and scraps from my stash for my holders so I had to re-figure my pattern for each holder. 

For each Matchbook treat holder I used a piece of solid or double sided printed card stock cut:

7 3/8 x 2 3/4

Score on the 7 3/8 side at: 3, 3 1/2, and again at 6 3/4

Crease all score lines with a bone folder and set aside.

For the inside pocket:

5 3/4 x 2 3/8

Score this on 5 3/4 side at: 2 1/4, 2 1/2, 2 3/4, and 5, 5 1/4, and 5 1/2

I used 1/8 wide tear and tape to put the pocket together after I scored all the lines. 

I put the pocket inside the Matchbook treat holder and stapled them together at the bottom of the holder. To cover the staple on the treat holder front I added washi tape to each holder:

This is an opened holder to show the inside pocket that holds the Ghirardelli candy:

Used holiday punches to decorate some of the fronts of the Matchbook treat holders and for others I used this circle greeting piece - the "merry wishes" is a stamp from Morningstar Stamps and I used red ink for that. Used a circle punch to cut that out and used a scallop punch for the red scallop behind the stamped piece. 

Will add the candies the week of Christmas but for now I have a stack of the treat holders ready to go:


Have already started some other of the Christmas treat holders so these will be put in that box for holiday projects. Some of these holders I added stickers I had in the stash to the fronts to dress them up for the holiday. They are easy to put together and a fun treat holder to decorate.



No comments: