Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Fall Gnome Cards

Jaded Blossoms had their recent release posted on YouTube and when I saw the new Fall Add Ons for their Gnome set I knew I would want to order it and make some cards.... Here is their new release for their Gnomes:


They also have a new stamp set that has the outline dies available:

Using the Gnome Add On sets I get to use scrap card stocks so once again I got out my scraps and began all the die cutting for my cards..... I also used extra card bases I had in the basket so I would not have to cut more card stock for those. I did not want any borders on the fronts of my cards so I cut my printed card stock for the card front the full size of the card front. All background prints on my cards are from the stash and various manufacturers. Here are the cards I have made so far:

For this card the card stock base is Kraft card stock. I used a blue print from the stash for the card front. Used green card stock and die cut a grass border on the top edge of that. Cut that to the size of the card front that I would need. Sponged the edges of this piece using green ink. The fence is also a die from my stash and I used scrap card stock to cut that out. Sponged the edges of that using brown ink. The pumpkins - the pumpkin with the leaf was punched out using a M Stewart pumpkin punch. I punched out an small oval to put in the center of the pumpkin and sponged the edges of that for dimension. The other two pumpkins were die cut with a die in my stash. 

The Gnome -- I used gray card stock for his beard/mustache and sponged the edges of those using gray ink. His straw hair is kraft card stock and used prints from the stash for his hat. The acorn is also scraps and once that was assembled I sponged the edges of that. The sunflower die is a die from Elizabeth Craft Designs:


Easy sunflower die to assemble -- the gnome and pumpkins have pop dots behind them for dimension. The "Hello Autumn" is from the Gnome word stamp set and I stamped that onto scrap card stock and used the outline die to cut a solid piece of card stock that I off set behind the word die.

This next card:


For this gnome I used a die that cuts out a regular hat and not the scarecrow w patches hat I used on the first card. His beard/mustache is brown card stock. Again added pumpkins and a sunflower to the card front and for this gnome he is holding the leaf die piece that comes in the die set. The "Pumpkin Farm" sign I cut out from a printed piece of card stock so I would have a sign for the front of the card. I put that sign on a piece of kraft card stock and hand cut that out to make the sign sturdy. The card is on a dark brown card stock base.

The last card:


This last card again I used the scarecrow hat and straw hair for my gnome. Beard/mustache is scrap white card stock that I sponged brown ink over.  I used the pumpkin die in the die set for the pumpkin the gnome is holding. Added two more pumpkins to the front of the card by the fence. The "Hello Pumpkin" is from the new gnome add on set. Again added a sunflower to card front. The card base is a dark rust. 

These gnomes are easy to assemble -- you have your base piece, the beard, hat, mustache, nose, and either shoes or bare feet, and two hand pieces. Plus this die set is good for using up card stock scraps as well. Working on more Fall projects but wanted to share the Gnome cards ..... 














No comments: