Saturday, January 23, 2021

Ombre Thanks Card

 

This card was inspired by Cassie Trask on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYjfXbKyVg8

I have never done ombre stamping due to the lines from one colour to the other that were visible and made a line on the stamp. Cassie Trask shows how to do ombre stamping without the lines from one shade to another. I did not have any products by Simon Hurley until I saw her video and I ordered the floral background stamp she used on her card - Sketched Bouquet. Using all her tips I was able to make this card for a thank you:


I will say the Simon Hurley background stamp is well made and it has a lot of detail and being floral I am sure it will get use for Spring projects. For this card I used a purple shade of card stock scored and folded at the top. Cut a piece of white/GP for the card front.  Cut a second white/GP piece to stamp on using different inks. Once that was stamped I used the A2 frame die set from Waffle Flower and die cut the floral background piece to fit on the card front. Put the card layers together using the ATG. 

Using a "thanks" die from the stash I cut that out of purple card stock and the shadow is cut out of vellum. Put these together using liquid glue and put them on the card front. My PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) gifted me the clear Droplets from Kat Scrappiness for Christmas so I put some of those on the card front:


Thanks to Cassie for sharing her tips making an ombre backgrounds to avoid the lines. TFL


No comments: