Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Valentine Cards

 For these two cards I used the new die from Divinity Designs "Pierced Heart Background". This die has a lot of detail yet it cut the card stock nicely and it is easy to use. Here are the two cards:

For the card on the left I used kraft card stock for the base and the card on the right I used red card stock. Here is a closer photo of the red card:


The cards are cut and scored at the top.  Die cut the white/GP piece for the card front. Used liquid glue to put the white die cut piece onto the card base. For the heart on the front I wanted to use some of the many rolls of Valentine washi tape from the stash. Not all washi tape is the same thickness and not all washi tape has the same adhesive. To be sure the washi tape would not lift off the heart card stock base I used ModPodge to adhere the washi. I used a heart die set from the stash and die cut a heart using scraps of 110# weight white card stock. I used a small paint brush and covered the heart using Mod Podge. Used Valentine washi tapes to cover the white heart piece. With the heart covered I then put Mod Podge over the tape on the front of the heart and set that aside to dry. Once dried I used scissors to cut off any extra washi tape on the edges. Then used the Mod Podge to seal the edges and set it aside to dry. 

For the gold foil "love" at the bottom of the card front I used foil poster board sheets from the Dollar Tree and a "love" die from the stash. Die cut the gold foil piece and cut out two more "love" pieces using scrap white card stock. Layered the two white love pieces using liquid glue and then glued the gold foil "love" on top of those. This gives it dimension on the card front. I added two gold foil cards next to the "love" word. 

Wanted to bring the front of the card to the inside of the card. I die cut two pieces of white/GP to make a 'stencil' and using blender brushes I went over the stencil pieces using inks to match the card fronts. Here is a photo of the two stencil pieces I made:


Here is a photo of the inside of the cards:




I wanted the pattern to be very light and darker in some areas and lighter in others but I did not want it to be exact and to cover the whole inside piece. The "Happy Valentine's Day" stamp is an old wooden stamp from the stash and I used red ink for that. 

Here are photos to show the gold foil and the red mirrored card stocks used for the "love" words on the card front:




For the heart on the kraft card I used scrap white card stock and covered that with two pieces of 2" wide tear and tape and then put the various washi tapes over that. Once the card stock was covered I die cut out the hearts from that and that also works to keep the washi tape adhered to the card stock and the die cutting process seals the edges of the tape on the hearts. Easy card to put together and both the ModPodge and tear and tape work keeping the washi tapes adhered on the heart.  

The die from Divinity Designs for the heart pattern on the card front gives the card front lots of dimension and I took all the die cut hearts out of the piece but they could have been left in here and there to give the card front a totally different look.  I have lots of Divinity Designs dies and they all cut beautifully on the thinner and thicker card stocks and this die does as well. Happy I had seen their YouTube video on their new January release which is why I bought this die......  TFL

No comments: