Saturday, January 14, 2023

PIC's Thank You Card

My PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) gave me lots of great presents for Christmas and I needed to make her a thank you card.... but... not so easy... she is a purple person -- it is her fav colour -- but I have very little purple card stock in my craft room.... so what to do for her card???

Used a Concord & 9th quilt die and made a card front.... but did not like it and I thought it looked "flat" so it sat on the craft table for a couple of days... until..... here is the pieced card front before gluing:

Liked the quilt design but it was not ready to give to her.... laid sequins on the centers of the quilted squares and altho it helped, still not right... then I remembered the Tessler Crafts grid die I had used on Halloween bag fronts: 

Decided I would pull out the die and cut it out of solid purple card stock and lay that on top of the card front piece and see if I liked that any better..... so it worked for giving the card dimension and here is the card I made her:

For the greeting "Thank you" I used a die from my stash and I cut that out using three pieces of white card stock. Used liquid glue to stack those together and set them aside to dry. Then I die cut the words out of holographic silver card stock. If you have used mirrored (foil) card stock in the past then you know it is hard to get the adhesive on the back of the card stock without getting any glues/adhesive on the foiled side.... you can't use the adhesive eraser to remove it from the foiled card stock and a Qtip dipped in rubbing alcohol does not always remove the adhesive..... but....

Amazon sells this package of adhesive sheets and I used them to put adhesive on my foiled words:

This is a package of 11x17 sheets of adhesive that will last a very long time. On the front of the package shows how to use them:

You peel back the protective sheet and place your card stock piece on the adhesive - right side up. I put a piece of new printer paper over my foiled piece and rubbed it onto the adhesive sheet and then I put my foiled "Thank you" on the white die cut pieces. Here is a photo of that on the card front with the stacked white card stock behind it:


I also used these adhesive sheets to put adhesive on my red foiled "Love" for my Valentine bag toppers:


Happy to have this new way to add adhesive to foiled card stock pieces without having to use the liquid glue and getting it all over the place on the foiled pieces. 


No comments: