Saturday, January 14, 2023

Valentine Bag Toppers

Recently bought the Heart Bag Topper die set from Scrapdivadesigns.com for my Valentine treat bags. The nice thing about this die set is it is a set of three bag toppers - small, medium, and large. This way all sizes are in the same die set and you do not have to buy different die sets for different sized dies. Erica owns Scrapdiva and she ships quickly so you do not have to wait long to try out your new die set. Here is a photo of some of the Valentine Bag Toppers I made:

For my bag toppers first I die cut out the bag toppers from solid card stocks. I wanted mine to have a printed front to them so here are photos to show how I did this:

Now cut out the printed card stock for the bag topper front:


Folded the solid bag topper and covered the solid card stock with liquid glue:

Put the printed card stock piece on top of this: (Do not fold - leave flat)

Put a stamp clear block on top and set it aside to dry. Once it was dried I turned it over and used scissors to trim off the top pieces that were not needed:


For my bag toppers I used the large die in the set. I used heart printed card stock from HobbyLobby and die cut my rosettes using a Sizzix rosette die. Used a doily die from my stash and cut out the white doilies to put my rosettes on. Used a card stock circle and cut out glittered tulle for the tulle circles on top of the rosettes:

The above photo shows the different #110 weight card stock circles I have on hand for my tulle circles. I take a long piece of the tulle and fold it up and lay the circle on the top of it and cut the circle out using scissors. For some of my rosettes I used small tulle circles and also larger tulle circles. I also added metallic thread under the punched glittered card stock hearts on the rosettes:


Here is a better photo of some of the bag toppers:

Added glittered stickers to the fronts of the bag toppers and heart shaped bling to the center of the punched hearts on the tops of the rosettes. Easy bag toppers to put together. The "Love" die set is from my stash and I cut that out of red mirrored card stock and the background piece is #110 weight white card stock scraps from the stash. 



No comments: