Thursday, July 18, 2019

Autumn Treat Bag

Here is a photo of the treat bag I made for Autumn - it can also be changed out to be used for Thanksgiving as well:


Recent trip to the Dollar Tree brought home kraft gift bags and fall flowers. Decided I would make an Autumn Treat Bag using these items. Here are the flower bundles I picked up:


Although I like the colours of the flowers they sit too high for my bag front. I used wire cutters and snipped just below the flowers to remove the wired stems. With this done I put the flowers onto the cookie rack I have in the craft room that I had picked up at the thrift store:


With the flowers on the rack I then spritzed them with the Pearls Shimmer Mist to give them a little sparkle. Set these aside to dry.  Once dried I pulled out the stem/flower center pieces they came with and I used a small brad to hold the three layers of the flowers together. I did not want to keep them as high as they were made for my bag fronts. Easy thing to do and I think the brad gives them a much softer look.


For the print on the bag front I used old card stock from the stash and die cut the panel out using the Cheery Lynn die set I had bought from a used stamping sale for $5 earlier this year. I used the largest die in that set. I cut out one of the panel pieces using the printed card stock and then die cut 2 pieces of cream #110 weight card stock from Mikes. Stacked these three layers together using the ATG.

For the foil leaves/sprig pieces by the flowers I used the foiled poster board I recently picked up from the Dollar Tree:


The packs have a variety of sheets in them so you have a lot of choices to work with. I like this because it is like a brushed mirrored card stock and it is a little heavier than the mirrored card stock. I used a leaf punch from EK Success for the leaf pieces and the small sprigs were punched out using a punch from M Stewart.

Used cream card stock from the stash and cut out a large doily using the large doily die from Cheery Lynn. Used a circle punch and punched out a printed card stock circle to put in the center of the doily. Used the ATG for that. With the panel piece done I used a sponge and sponged the edges of the panel piece with matching ink. For the orange/gold ribbon I used tear and tape to put those two pieces across the panel piece. Trimmed the ends off equal to the sides of the panel. I have one ribbon piece at the top of the panel and one at the bottom of it.

For the pumpkin -- I used scrap card stocks and die cut the pumpkin pieces and layered them two or three times for dimension. Used a printed card stock for the pumpkin center piece:


Sponged the edges of the pumpkin pieces and layered them together using the ATG.  Used a die from the stash for "autumn"  and cut that out using the Dollar Tree gold poster board. Put that across the pumpkin front using Glossy Accents. With all the pieces for the bag now done and cut out I assembled it all.

Put the doily/circle piece on the panel front over the ribbon pieces using the ATG. Put the pumpkin on the bottom of the doily piece over the ribbon using pop dots and tear and tape.  For the flowers I needed something to mount them on as I did not want to just glue them to the panel. I used a circle punch to punch out a circle - used hot glue to put the flowers on that. Added the leaf/sprig pieces under the flowers. Punched out a second circle to cover all this under the flowers:


Put the second circle on the flowers circle to give it a cleaner look and I used tear and tape to put the fine gold thread under the flower piece. Put this onto the doily on the panel piece. Wanted to add some more gold to the bag so I used a doily border die from Close To My Heart and die cut the border out of the same gold poster board from the Dollar Tree:


The die cut the gold board on the first pass through the machine. I used scissors and cut the border length in half and put this at the top and the bottom of the panel using red sticky tape:


Using Glossy Accents I added random fall coloured sequins to the doily piece on the panel. This panel was easy to put together once I had done all the flowers and they were dry. Each panel will look different depending on what fall printed card stock I use from the stash. The "autumn" die can also be changed to using "Blessings" or "Thankful" if you wanted to make treat bags for Thanksgiving.


Easy bag to decorate and I like that all of them will look different depending on what card stocks I can dig out of the stash!!  TFL




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful autumn bag, Candee! Love those sweet flowers!