Wednesday, July 10, 2019

If the shoe fits . . .


Love the Halloween dies released last fall from LDRS Creative. The first two cards I made using some of these die sets are from the Wicked Boot card die set. This is what the die set packaging and dies look like:




Here are the cards I made:


The card on the left I used all the die pieces in the set for the card:


The card stock base is black SU card stock and the prints are from my stash. For the spider webs and the bats I used mirrored card stock. The greeting "BOO" is a stamp from Jaded Blossom "Halloween Treats 2" and I used lavender ink for that. Added purple crystals from the stash for the greeting piece. The black bow with pearl is from the Clearance aisle at Walmart.


This second card I used all the die pieces but I did not add the bats to the card front. Instead I used an older bug punch from the LONG ago dollar bin at Mikes and I punched out the bugs from black glittered card stock and put them on the card front using glue dots. I also used a small star punch and punched out stars from purple glittered card stock and put those on the card front randomly to add some sparkle and shine to the card front. I turned the decorated tab on the shoe sideways and trimmed some of it off and put the bow on that part of the shoe.

These cards are also free standing:


Fun cards to die cut and decorate. Am sure they will bring smiles on BOO Day for the receivers! Since both card bases are the black card stock I will use the layering piece of this die set to cut out a piece of white card stock for the inside of the card to stamp and write on. Very easy cards to put together since all the pieces needed are in the die set.  TFL

No comments: