Wednesday, July 3, 2019

July 4th Cards


Here is a photo of the cards I sent out for the 4th of July:


This card is on a base of navy card stock cut and scored at the top. Used a piece of white/GP for the card front that I embossed using a stars embossing folder. Used the ATG to put the embossed piece on the card front.

For the flag I used an All Night Media striped stamp and stamped that onto white/GP card stock cut larger than the stamp. I used red ink for that. Using a ruler I drew a light pencil line around the stamped striped piece about an eighth of an inch and trimmed the card stock to the size I needed. I measured that and cut a piece of navy card stock a bit bigger to put the striped piece on. Used the ATG to put them together.   Using a square punch I punched out a navy card stock square and put this onto the striped piece using the ATG. Used a Marvy star punch for the white star and put the star onto the navy square using a large glue dot.

I used pop dots and put the flag piece onto the embossed card front. With that done I decided to use clear Wink of Stella over the white star. Some cards have a sparkly star and some of the stars I just left white. This photo shows the Wink of Stella over the star:


Since it is DH's birthday tomorrow I am posting my July 4th card today. If you should be celebrating tomorrow enjoy and be safe!  Happy 4th!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This is awesome in person, Candee! We are enjoying ours on our mantel. Thank you.