Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Put the blame where it needs to be . . .


Put the blame where it needs to be. . . .   and so I shall.... My PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) is the one that started this so I guess I need to put the blame on her.... ;0) 

I had never heard about the craze of using make up brushes for inks/stencils/and such for paper crafting... But happy to say my PIC did and she gifted me a couple of the make up brushes awhile back when she first heard about them.... Videos were all over YouTube using these miracle brushes for inks/stencils and such and now more and more online companies are offering the brushes or their version of the make up brushes -- with stands you can buy to store them in -- for an additional fee . . . . 

I had seen a video by the Frugal Crafter, Lindsay W, on Youtube and she was showing items from a recent stamp show she had attended. She went over the make up brushes and below her video was a link to a set of these brushes on Amazon -- for $14.98 and they are made by the same company that is a big seller of these brushes. . .  More than one online store sells their version of these brushes for $50 and another $17 for their stand to hold them....

Cute but not going to work for me -- both cost and space wise I do not have room on my work table for any other stand/holder etc.... Once I had seen Lindsay on her video off to Amazon I went and I ordered two sets of the brushes -- one for me and one for my PIC.  I also ordered us the egg shape cleaner for these brushes and that was $3.98 for a set of two. Now we both own the ten piece brush set and the two silicone cleaners... We are good to go....

But storing them -- I want my brushes near by and I want them standing up to help the bristles. What worked in the past.... has worked again.... here is a photo of one of the Raskog carts I have by my work table:


This is the top compartment of the IKEA  Raskog cart and the clear divider is also from IKEA. This divider holds my ATG, Post It notes, adhesive, markers, my teflon bone folder and wallpaper seam roller, and then the make up brushes. In the section in front of the makeup brushes are the two silicone cleaners I bought for them. Here is a better photo of the brushes:


This is a can from stewed tomatoes that I washed and when dried I covered it with dotted gift wrap I have on hand. (My can opener takes the lid off with no sharp edges on the cans). These cans are a perfect size for what I use them for in the Raskog cart and they keep the brushes upright and do not damage the bristles. Easy enough to wash out and put the gift wrap on the can to dress it up. Price is great so money I saved on a spinning brush rack can be used for more crafting items!!! ;0)  haha

A BIG THANKS to my PIC for telling me about these great brushes!!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I have some of these brushes in the knock offs and I love them. I hadn't seen the cleaning "egg". Have you tried it? Can you send me a link? Thanks.