Sunday, March 13, 2022

5 Pocket Flip Book

 Had seen the video for Pocket Flip Books by Lyric Lover Crafts (Amber) on YouTube for her Pocket Flip Books she makes using an envelope punch board and three envelopes she made. Her video is very easy to follow and here is a photo of the 5 pocket flip book I made:


Following her instructions I used the envelope punch board and made three envelopes. I followed her assembly directions and my flip book came together quickly and easily. Once I had my flip book put together I used a light gray ink and sponged the edges of the front and back to give it a shabby look. For my flip book I added two more pockets inside my flip book for extra items - here are photos showing the pockets in my flip book - I used scrap yellow card stock to put in the pockets to show my pockets:



As she does in her video I reused the envelope flaps I cut off some of my envelopes on the front of the flip book to decorate it. For the circle in the center I used a circle die from the stash and cut out the floral piece from the card stock I used for my flip book from Authentique. (I used this double sided card stock because it has a good weight to it and I did not want the flip book to be flimsy). I used a doily die from my stash for the cream doily behind the floral circle. To add sparkle to the flowers in the circle I used a clear Wink of Stella pen. I put the circle on the front of the flip book using foam tape. Tied my book closed using crinkled seam binding tied in a bow. 

The solid pocket in the center of my book is a piece of card stock from my stash that matched the colours on the Authentique floral card stock. I used a tab punch to add a tab to that pocket. This was a simple project and thanks to Amber for sharing her project and for her instructional video! This is a good project to use for a swap or for little things you are collecting or saving. Nice and flat project that can be mailed also. 


No comments: