Sunday, March 20, 2022

Easter Gift Bag

 

Working on the gift bags for Easter and here are photos of that progress. I started with a white gift bag from Hobby Lobby and using the Basket Weave stencil and a snow stencil from MFTStamps I stenciled a light pink ink onto the bag fronts:

I slipped a piece of cardboard into the bag and then stenciled the bag front using light pink ink. When I use stencils I keep my ink pad on a piece of foam drawer liner so the ink pad will not be moving all over the table. First I stenciled part of the Basket Weave on the bag front and then I stenciled the snowflake design to fill in on the bag front:

I used a large caps alphabet die set from the stash and using #110 weight white card stock I die cut the word "Easter". Then I die cut it out of different glittered card stocks from the stash. I used a lower case alphabet die set from the stash and die cut the word "wishes" using the #100 weight white card stock. Then also die cut this out of the different glittered card stock. Using liquid glue I put the glittered letters onto the white card stock letters to make the letters more sturdy. 

Drew out the bunny ear pieces onto scraps and then traced these onto the the #110 weight white card stock and cut them out using scissors.  Made a smaller ear pattern for the pink part of the ears and I cut out those pieces using light pink glittered card stock. Used liquid glue to put the ear pieces together. Here is the front of the gift bag I made for my PIC (stamping Partner In Crime):

For the pink tulle at the top of the bag I used tulle from the Dollar Tree as well as gem strips also from the Dollar Tree. Used a small bow die from Fun Stampers Journey for the small pink bow in the center of the tulle trim piece. I put the letters on the bag front using tear and tape. The photo does not really capture the stenciled background on the bag front but IRL you can easily see it. Used pink tissue from the Dollar Tree for the inside of the bag and in there are some of the treat holders I made for Easter. Since I put bunny ears on the front of the bag on the back I hot glued a big white pom pom for the bunny tail. Fun bag to put together..... 

No comments: