Wednesday, September 21, 2016

BOO Bag Tag


Putting Halloween treat bags together and I need a tag for each bag. Here is the first tag:


To begin with I bought a package of pre cut kraft card stock tags at Mikes. Added a scrap piece of dotted card stock to the bottom of the tag. Sponged all sides of the tag using black ink. For the hole at the top of the tag I used scrap black card stock. Punched a 1/4" circle hole in that. Then using a 5/8" circle punch I punched over my first punch and that gave me the black ring for the top of the tag. Put that over the tag hole using a glue pen.

Cut out a spider web die from black card stock from Mikes. Once cut I spritzed Shimmer Mist Pearls on that. Set it aside to dry. Cut out the "31" using shiny black card stock. Put the numbers on the bottom of the tag using a glue pen:


Cut out the "Happy Halloween"/haunted house die. Using the new-to-me Stampin Up Starbust framelits I just bought at a stamper's sale and cut out an orange circle for the back of the Halloween die piece.  Used the glue pen to put the die cut piece on the Starburst circle. Sponged the edges of that using black ink:


Using a glue pen I put the spider web onto the tag with part of the web hanging off the edge of the tag. Used the ATG for the Halloween circle die cut piece. Here is a photo to show the shimmer on the web:


Stamped "Trick or Treat" using a stamp from the Stampin Up Toxic Treats stamp set onto scrap white card stock using Memento black ink. Cut it out on the trimmer and used a banner punch for the ends of the tag. Put this onto the tag using pop dots. Tied black tulle and orange ribbon at the tag top:


Added black and orange stars to the tag front along with three orange sequins -- which was a gift from another stamper for me. (Thank you). Each of the treat bags have different colours so I have to make different tags for each so I want each tag to be different with different dies and stamps and such. Having the kraft tags as the base will be a time saver when making my multiple tags. TFL

No comments: