Sunday, September 25, 2016

BOO Treat Bags and Tags


Here are four of the treat bags I have put together with the tags I just made. I started with kraft gift bags from the dollar store. Used the Stars stencil from Stampin Up and various inks to stencil the stars design on the bags. To be sure the bag was flat while I stenciled it first I cut a piece of card board from a box to slide inside the bag which gives you a firm surface to stencil on:


Using painter's tape I taped the stencil onto each bag -- used inks and a dauber to stencil the colour on:


Once I had all the colours on the bag I carefully peeled off the painter's tape and lifted up the stencil being careful not to smear the stars design. Using a baby wipe I cleaned off the stencil. Onto the next bag being sure to turn the stencil so the stars design is not the same on all the bags. With the stenciling done on some of the bags you can see a mark from the dauber at the top and the bottom of the stars design. Covered those marks up with washi tapes across the top and bottom of the bags:






With all the bags stenciled I then cut pieces of tulle and put those on one of the bag handles. Used pom pom trim from the clearance section at Mikes and tied that on. Added ribbon to that. Using black clothespins from Mikes I put the Boo Bag Tags I just made onto the bags -- here is a photo of each bag with the tag:





Inside the bags is paper shred from the dollar store and closer to Halloween I will fill the treat holders I have made recently and pack them inside. TFL

No comments: