Thursday, September 29, 2016

Gratitude Thanksgiving Card


Have seen this card layout recently so thought I would use it for a Thanksgiving card. Used Chocolate Chip card stock from Stampin Up for the card base with a piece of Stampin Up Really Rust card stock is behind the front of the card. Kraft card stock from Mikes is the front of the card and I stamped a stamp from the Close To My Heart stamp set "Blessed Beyond Measure" on that. This stamp set is a "Stamp of the Month" stamp set from Close To My Heart -- a customer places a qualifying order and then can buy their Stamp of the Month stamp set for $5.00. Good deal for customers!

For the leaves/acorn printed card stock I used for this card I have scraps only of this card stock left. It has always been a favorite for my fall cards with the colours and leaves so I use it sparingly. This card layout was perfect to use this printed card stock. But how to cut the print and to what size?

Here are photos to show how I did this -- I used scrap white card stock for my photos. First cut the printed card stock to the length you need. Then using a ruler I made a pencil mark at the lower left corner:


That pencil mark is 5/8" inches from the lower left side of this piece. At the top of this piece I measured in 1 3/8" from the left edge:


With both pencil marks on my sample piece I then used a ruler and a pencil to connect the pencil marks:


Of course my pencil marks are dark on the sample to show this better but when I made my pencil lines on my printed card stock they are very light. I used the trimmer to trim my print. Used the ATG to put the print onto the Kraft card stock front. Using brown ink I stamped my stamp onto the card front.

 With the stamping done I used the ATG to put the rust card stock onto the brown card stock base. Then put the stamped kraft piece onto the card base. Wanted to use leaves for the card front so I fussy cut two leaves from the scrap printed card stock. To add shimmer to those two leaves I used Pearls Shimmer Mist and spritzed the leaves. Cut out gold twine and made a bow. Put the leaves onto the card front using glue dots and used a micro mini glue dot for the gold twine bow. Here is a photo to show this shimmer:


Easy card to make and a different layout than I have made in the past. This layout is perfect though for scrap card stocks or if you want a print on your card front but don't want it to be "too busy". TFL


No comments: