Monday, September 5, 2016

Ferrero Rocher BOO Holders


Halloween Treat Holders for Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Had made this pattern for Valentine's Day treat holders and decided to use it again for Halloween. Here is my pattern:

For this sample holder I used a piece of white/GP card stock. Cut this 2" wide by 11" long. With the long edge at the top of the scoreboard, (I used my M Stewart scoreboard), I scored this piece at:

3 3/8, 5 1/2, 6 1/4, 8 1/4, and again at 9.

Use a bone folder to crease all scored lines. This photo shows the scored lines:



On my holder I decided to use the printed card stock for the back to my holder so the print shows behind my piece of chocolate. I cut the printed piece 2" x 3 3/8". Put the printed card stock on the holder in the section by the first scored line of 3 3/8". Used the ATG for that.   Once the printed card stock was on the scored piece I  punched out the tag top:



Now for the circle for the candy to fit into -- I used scrap pink card stock to show better in my photo and punched out a 1 3/8" circle. Put a glue dot on the back of that and centered this circle on my holder so when I punched the hole it would be centered:





Then I used red sticky tape and put a couple of pieces on my holder to hold it together -- on my holders I used more tape but did not want to waste it for my sample photo -- :0) ....



Removed the red sticky strip and folded the holder into the shape following the scored lines:





For this holder:


I used orange card stock from Stampin Up for the holder. Print is from a 6x6 pad of holiday card stock by Nicole. Added a black glittered card stock bat punched out using a bat punch from M Stewart. Tied black ribbon and sparkly yarn at the top of the tag topper edge. For the BEWARE:


Used black glittered card stock and cut out the "BEWARE". Wanted this to have some dimension so I also cut the word out of a thin piece of card board (top flap to a kleenex box). Used a glue pen to put the glittered word on the card board word and this gives this piece more structure and dimension.

For this holder:


Black card stock is from Stampin Up and the ghost print is by Pebbles. My ghost was die cut using a Sizzix die and I used white craft foam sold in the kids craft aisle at the craft store. The "SCREAM" is a die and I cut that out of orange glittered card stock and also a thin piece of card board. Glued the two word pieces together using a glue pen. Used the glue pen to put the word across the front of the ghost. The two black glittered bugs were made using a dollar bug punch from the craft store.

Tied at the top of the tag topper piece is black fabric mesh with dotted ribbon tied around that. Here is a better photo of the ghost and word and bugs:


These holders are good for the Ferrero Rocher chocolates and the holders are free standing. TFL and YOLO

No comments: