Saturday, August 13, 2022

Stenciled Halloween Cards

I had seen a video on YouTube by Cards & Coffee Time and she featured the new Pumpkin Faces stencil and Halloween die set, Halloween Word Trio by Photoplay/Say It With Stamps, and I was inspired to order these for myself. I ordered them from Scrapbook.com and they shipped out within 24 hours of my order and when they arrived I put them to work for more Halloween cards. Here is a photo of these two new craft room additions:

This stencil is 6x9 so you can use different size card stocks for your projects. For my card fronts I cut yellow card stock 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. I sponged orange inks on the edges of the card stock pieces and left the centers of the yellow card stock yellow. Then I stenciled those using blending brushes and black ink:

With the card fronts stenciled I used the word dies and cut out the words using glittered black craft foam and then I cut the words out using scrap #110 weight black card stock. Used liquid glue to put the foam words onto the card stock words to make them sturdy:

For the first card I wanted to use a Sizzix grid die from my stash which gives me a card that is 4 3/4 x 4 3/4. To make this easier to assemble once it was die cut I turned the stenciled card front over and laid the die on the back of the card front. I used a pencil and wrote a number in each grid opening - which is nine pieces. Once that was marked I put the grid die on the stenciled side of the card front and die cut the pieces out. Having the numbers on the back of them made for quick assembly using the grid frame.  I also used a piece of #110 weight black card stock from Mikes and cut out the grid die for the frame to my piece. Doing a dry fit this is what it looked like after the die cutting was done:

Used a black card stock base for this card with the scored line at the top. Used liquid glue to put the grid piece and all the die cut squares on the card front. Used two circle dies from the stash and die cut a black circle and a white circle for the piece behind the word greeting:

Here are other cards I made using these stenciled card fronts:



This next card I did last. Since this stencil is so big I decided to use it to make a card front for a mini slimline card. I cut the card front at 3 x 6 and sponged the edges with orange ink and then stenciled the pumpkin faces on that using black ink. This card is scored on the long side:


All the cards I added crystal gems from the stash. Using an older Cuttlebug ghost die I cut out the ghosts from glittered white card stocks. The little pumpkin was made using a solid pumpkin punch from M Stewart and a pumpkin face punch from EK Success. Easy cards to assemble with cutting all the card fronts first and sponging and stenciling those. Then I die cut all the word dies and circles for the card fronts. I cut all the card stock bases and scored those. Added the stenciled pieces to the card fronts. Added the black/white circles and die cut words and then added the ghosts, pumpkins, and crystals to each card. 

The word dies easily cut out the words using the glittered craft foam and the heavier black card stock. Also the black ink wiped off the stencil with no staining. This is my first purchase of Photoplay products and I am sure I will have more of their products in the craft room in the future. Fun cards to put together for BOO Day!



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Fun Halloween cards, Candee!