Monday, August 8, 2022

Witching Hour Cards ....

Decided for the Boo Day (Halloween) cards this year that I was not going to buy anything new but instead to use whatever stamps and dies I had on hand as well as card stocks.... Here is a photo of just three of the cards I have made:

To start with all the cards are on a card stock base of #110 weight black card stock from Mikes, cut and scored on the side. For the fronts of all the cards I used solid card stocks I had and all the prints were in my stash and also from 6x6 pads holiday card stocks. Here is the first card:

This card I used different printed card stocks for the card front. The stitched rick rack piece on the left front of the card was die cut using the IOStamps (Impression Obsession) Trims die - by Anna Wight. The Witch is also a die from IOStamps - again by Anna Wight. I used glittered black card stock for that. I also cut a witch out of the #110 weight card stock to put the die cut glittered witch on to make it sturdy. The ticket is a stamp I have in the stash and I stamped that onto scrap white card stock and cut it out with scissors. Sponged the edges of that using black ink. The witch and ticket are put on the card front using foam tape to give them dimension. 

This next card:

Again used more printed card stocks from the stash for the card front and rick rack piece. This witch die cut is the side profile die also from IOStamps - Anna Wight. (These witch dies were released last year). The "Oct 31" small ticket in the upper right hand corner was stamped using my date stamp and I masked off the year on the stamp when I inked it up. The small tickets were die cut using the Mini Ticket Strip die from MFTStamps that I bought off Ebay awhile back. I die cut the strips of small tickets, stamped the dates on them, tore the tickets apart on the perforated lines the die cuts on the strips and then I sponged the edges of the tickets using black ink. Again the witch and ticket are on the card front using foam tape for dimension. 

The third card:

Again scraps and stash prints were used for the card front. Used foam tape behind the witch and date ticket piece in the upper right corner. For each of the cards I added gems from the stash to give the card fronts a little sparkle. Here is a photo of the inside of the card:

All plans out the window during a stop at Hobby Lobby in the Spring - I found this new holiday plaid card stock and I picked some of this up for the inside of the cards. I also had bought the "Happy Halloween" stamp from the IOStamps website when they had the sale for their discontinued cling stamps back in early April. These are the only two new additions I ended up using for the Halloween cards... The rick rack piece on the inside of the cards matches the rick rack on the front of each card so each card front and inside of the cards go together. Except for these two additions I used everything from the stash for the cards and happy I was able to use up lots of holiday printed card stocks. Some of the prints are double sided card stocks and others are not but I tried to mix and match them using as much of the prints as I could.  

Did all the card stock bases at the same time -- cut and scored all card bases. Then cut all the solid card front pieces, then the printed card front, the strips for the left side of the card, then die cut all the rick rack pieces - 2 for each card. One for the card front and one for inside the card. With all the card stocks cut I did the die cutting of the mini ticket strips and then all my stamping. With everything done for the card fronts I put the cards together using the ATG.. Die cut all the witches out and put them on the card fronts and also the ticket pieces. Added the crystal gems using GlossyAccents. Set the cards aside.

Cut the holiday plaid card stocks for the insides of the cards. Cut the small white rectangles for the insides of the cards and stamped the greeting using black ink. Used scissors and trimmed the rick rack pieces for the inside of the cards. Put the stamped white rectangle piece on the plaid background. Put the rick rack piece on the rectangle piece using liquid glue. Put the inside of the cards in the cards using the ATG. 

With putting the cards together in assembly line fashion it did not take long to make all of them and each card is different due to the prints I used. Happy to have the cards all made for BOO Day and now I can start on my BOO Day treat holders! Will post those soon....

No comments: