Thursday, August 18, 2016

Autumn Colours Card

This technique was done by "" on YouTube on her video that she titled "Joseph's Dirty Coat Technique". I followed her instructions but my inked/stamped card front turned out more pink than I wanted so I made a couple of changes.

First my card stock base is Stampin Up Soft Suede card stock. Cut and scored that and set it aside. Cut a piece of rust card stock for the card front and set that aside.

For the inked/stamped card front I used a piece of Stampin Up Whisper White card stock cut larger than I would need for my card front -- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Following Jan's instructions these are the inks that I sponged onto the white card stock and in this order: (all Stampin Up)

Crushed Curry
Cajun Craze
Garden Green
Island Indigo

For my leaf stamp I used the positive leaf stamp from the Stampin Up Gently Falling stamp set. Instead of using the Early Expresso as Jan did I used Baked Brown Sugar ink for my leaves and for the technique over my sponged/stamped image. Once this piece was complete I set it aside to dry.

Here is a photo of another piece I had done using the Rose Red ink she had used and for this leaf stamp I used the negative leaf stamp:

I did not like the pinks on the card front, or the open leaf design, so I redid my card front piece using the solid leaf stamp, as she did, as well as omitting the Rose Red ink. However I did use this first piece for the little leaves under my twine on my card. I used a small leaves die to cut out the three leaves. Using Pearls Shimmer Mist I spritzed the small leaves and set those aside to dry.

Surgery needed.... Wanted to use the "hello FALL" stamp from the Stampin Up stamp set For All Things. I inked the stamp and stamped it onto a piece of rust card stock using the Baked Brown Sugar ink only to find a problem with the stamp. The exclamation point on the stamp looked like a small "l" as there was no space above the period. Using an exacto knife I carefully trimmed away a tiny piece of the rubber on the stamp so now my stamped greeting is correct:

With my greeting stamped I put this strip onto a strip of Soft Suede using the ATG. With my stamped/sponged card front dry I trimmed that to the size I needed for my card front. Using the ATG I put the greeting strip across my stamped/sponged card front and trimmed it to size. Then put these onto the rust card stock front and then all of it onto the card stock base.

For the three die cut leaves I wanted to use twine to put them on the card front with. Decided to add one strand of gold twine to the jute twine for some sparkle for the card front. Once I made the twine bow I trimmed it to the size I wanted and put the three leaves onto the greeting strip using mini glue dots. Put the twine bow on those using mini glue dots. Added three brown crystals next to the greeting. Here is a photo to show the three small leaves and the twine bow:

Thanks to Jan for sharing her technique for an autumn card. TFL and YOLO Here is the card again:

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You've been really busy since I've checked in! I love this! Need to try it!